The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

#1   IP: 86.31.17.91
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Sandhill Plant

Hi All,

I try not to document what I do on here to often as I don't want to be seen as advertising. However seems as there is a section now, why not.

I formed Sandhill Plant late last year after years of selling new machines to the industry, mainly Terex, Case and JCB, on average I sold around 300 units a year.

What I found was that while customers negotiated very hard on the price of new machines, they would often neglect the part exchange price or did not have the time to sell the machines themselves.
The dealer I worked for did not stock used machines so we used to get them underwritten by the trade. In essence this meant at least two people were making money on it.

Retail of the machine may have been 15k, Trade bid was 13k and we would offer the customer 12.5k, essentially the customer is losing 2.5k.

Sandhill Plant offers an alternative giving the customer the opportunity to achieve retail

Over the past year or so I have invested heavily in the marketing and advertising of other peoples assets and it has worked very well. I find the end users for your machines giving you maximum profits. The good thing is you really have to do very little allowing you time to concentrate on other aspects of your business.

You can also advertise before the machines are due to change, making sure we have buyers lined up for when is needed giving you flexibility.

I have subscriptions to all the major online machinery sales sites and have already built a substantial customer database including customers in mainland Europe, Russia, NI, Southern Ireland, UK and Africa.

I take care of everything, all you need to do is tell me where your machines for change are, I will take visit, take photos, advertise and negotiate keeping you in the loop the whole time.

Of course if we do not sell, there is no charge however I am confident that we have the ability to sell anything required. There is a small commission charge once a machine is sold, this is turnover based but it still leaves with you clear profit over part exchanging or selling to used machinery traders.

I have even managed to help new machinery dealers, where customers are looking for top money on the part exchanges but the dealers have nowhere to go as they need the margins. I have helped sell many machines on the customers behalf so the dealer can get the new machine sale.

If any of the forum members would be interested in this please give me a call or PM / email my number is 07852 560411 and email ross@sandhillplant.com. The web address is www.sandhillplant.com

Thanks for reading

Ross

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook

Last edited by Regy53; 03-09-2015 at 01:59 PM.
  #2   IP: 31.101.190.247
Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Re: Sandhill Plant

Great post Ross.

Very informative and definitely will be calling you come change time as last couple of times I've bought new I've sold old one myself for far more than dealer was offering. They were not too happy about it but as I said if its worth x why offer me several k less

I will give your details to lad here who has the JCB exc as he is looking at changing and actually spoke with your last employer about a Case along with Harrison's about another JCB.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#3   IP: 86.31.17.91
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Grand Master Architect

Cheers Rob, I hope it makes sense. With a customer I have been working closely with (large fleet) using me and turning over 600k have given them 120k more than part exchange value over the machines. There is serious money to be made / saved.

This isn't somebody who was on the m1 with you doing all the hours you did is it?

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #4   IP: 31.101.190.247
Old 03-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
This isn't somebody who was on the m1 with you doing all the hours you did is it?
you been offered the machine already ?

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#5   IP: 86.31.17.91
Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
you been offered the machine already ?
nope but I did speak with him probably a year and a half ago at SP. He had put a lot of hours on his machine. I see it in the dealers for a new engine recently!!! good job was done under warranty. Please pass on my details and regards I would love to help him if possible.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #6   IP: 86.152.166.44
Old 03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

i will certainly put anything or anyone your way if i can

cheers graham
  #7   IP: 31.54.193.28
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Grand Master Architect

Guys,

I have received a few calls from members on this forum.

I just wanted to extend my thanks for those who do not know this. If there was ever a membership / trade package I would be happy to invest.

Ross

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #8   IP: 86.180.154.29
Old 09-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Grand Master Architect

Thanks again to this forum had the pleasure of speaking with a few of you now.

Buisness is good. Market for used machines is still good, harder to get the money now as the pound is strong but I still get there.

Thanks again

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #9   IP: 90.209.187.115
Old 24-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Just come across the kubota kx57 you have listed, nice machine! Will give you a buzz when I'm on for shifting some of my kit!

Dave
  #10   IP: 86.179.156.181
Old 25-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
Just come across the kubota kx57 you have listed, nice machine! Will give you a buzz when I'm on for shifting some of my kit!

Dave
Cheers Dave its a lovely machine, actually a member on here Thanks to this forum. I always say if I could donate or anything I would be more than happy to.

Speak soon
Ross

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook

Tags
sandhill plant, sandhill plant limited, sandhill plant ltd, used excavators