The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#11   IP: 81.158.18.41
Old 06-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Memorable comments & quotes !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
im thinking fuel pump next its the last thing left to try.

im sure ive had my share of classics too.
Get 'em found and posted up then boyo - share!!

Quote:
rob taylor had a great one about bum foam will see if i can find it
Know the one you mean - it was a comment to me , just after I joined!!

Here's another classic during the same conversation-ish

Thread = Wheeled Excavator / Rubber Duck - post # 1205 - AtlasRob

"a bit of gunho heroics, some agresive machine movements and one could just as easily be laid on ones side next to the pile you were just sat on."

And here' the one that made you smile!

Thread = Wheeled Excavator / Rubber Duck - post # 1209 - AtlasRob

".....drop that bucket pdq, which then gives you a chance to remove the seat foam from the butt cheeks "
  #12   IP: 81.158.18.41
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
haha i like these, keep em coming
Here's one for you Local, posted tonight in fact. Yer'z gonna like this one. Made me smile

Thread = Re: 3CX Hydra Clamps - refurbishing advice - post #30 -
left hooker

Made in reference to clouting a clamp nut with a 4lb hammer

"to miss that size nut you would have to be ray charles"
  #13   IP: 81.158.18.41
Old 08-10-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
'Evening Local,
Been trying to remember where this one was and it came to me this evening.

Thread = Re: digger hits bridge - post #17 - AtlasRob

"When interviewed the roro driver swore that he was aware of heights and had measured from the ground to the top of the dipper arm which was the highest point. It was 13ft 9".

When asked how he had got up so high to measure, had he used a ladder?
He said it was easy, he just hopped up on the side of the body, from where it was reasonably easy to stretch up to the top of the arm.

Copper said, hop? thats some serious hop!

No says driver, its only 3ft, a piece of piss when the bodies on the ground. "

Classic Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg digger in road.jpg (76.9 KB, 23 views)
  #14   IP: 86.142.28.156
Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Atlasrob-if you've never had to extract foam from the butt cheeks then you've never "operated" plant.
thread = Menzi Muck - post #165 - Dr. Ernie

"People often ask how long it took me to master the machine, my reply is quite simple I need 10 more years. (I will always need 10 more years)"

A very profound statement, I think. A man who knows his machine, its and his capabilities
  #15   IP: 86.152.165.130
Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 AM

its not leaking oil , its sweating power
  #16   IP: 86.154.20.214
Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
its not leaking oil , its sweating power
Will tell the missus that one Gra, next time Jake has 'an accident' anywhere near the drive.

All I can say is thank f**k my dumper was on the spoil heap when it decided to have a coronary artery rupture, from the pump to the valve chest, out of my line of sight.
Took me a few moments to realise/suss/for it to dawn on me, just why the skip had stopped going up !!! OMG

Most inaccessible pipe on the whole m/c

Hell was it "sweating"!!
  #17   IP: 81.154.187.122
Old 14-10-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Ok.
This one may be a bit on the controversial side, but as a 'bystander', so as to speak, who'd never heard of, or seen a tiltrotator, 'til I read my first thread on here by Atlas, just after he'd acquired his, I have to plant my flag firmly in the tilty camp, as I can really see the immense benefits that the users of these on here have gained.

I can equally see that there are applications where it would be an expensive 'ornament' adorning a muck shifter's dipper, for example, most of the time!

There are many here who argue for and against them and I suspect that some of the against,s would be more for,s, if they weren't so damned expensive.

There is, in my mind, no question that a tilty will significantly increase productivity, reduce 'faff' time, spent relocating/levelling up/etc. and give the man in the hot seat a more relaxed, rewarding, satisfying day.

A note that seems to resonate amongst all of the tilty users is that 'they are able to achieve' exactly what they are trying to, with a much reduced effort and stress/faff level.

Any way, I've seen lots of 'discussions' for and against, but this is a really good case for the 'for,s', amongst the many on here.

Thread = hitachi zaxis 52u engcon eco5b standard pin setup - post - #158 - Komatsu

" ....they're happy to pay that little bit more cos they can see the savings straight away; ie. no need for a fork lift,a wagon to transport manhole rings from one site to the other, no need to pay to take all the concrete etc., off site cos I'm able to crush it and re use it. My "your just here for 12 weeks lad,then we'll be done with you", is still going and that was in June 2010. At the end of all my big jobs I get reference's from the agents and they all have in it, that I've saved them money, with the fact that I come as a package, with everything and they only have to deal with one person. So one of the reasons for getting one was just to put my self in front of everyone else, even further and also just take it to another level, so to speak and the work that I do is speeded up, by a lot. "

I appreciate that Ollie is not just talking about his tilty, but in reading his thread, it is obviously a massive advantage for him.

Over to the against,s, for some memorable comments please

ON EDIT
Should've read further - this has to be included here.

Thread = hitachi zaxis 52u engcon eco5b standard pin setup - post - #161 - JCBJZ145

" There are a few clips on Youtube, I believe them to be on Engcons site on there, of a 13 ton Hitachi on a golf course shaping a new bunker. In fairness, i watched the whole thing from start to finish, and was in awe of how the machine could perform tasks from one position. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDlCEc4ack

Last edited by V8Druid; 14-10-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: forgot link
  #18   IP: 80.43.90.230
Old 14-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Knight of the East

Guy said this to me today

life is like toilet paper if your not on a roll, you will be taking shit from some arseholes

Paul.

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #19   IP: 81.154.187.122
Old 14-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Guy said this to me today

life is like toilet paper if your not on a roll, you will be taking shit from some arseholes

Paul.
Very very true Paul. Not one I've heard before either.
  #20   IP: 90.197.233.167
Old 14-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Provost and Judge

Being scottish,good lady english,was doing some work round house etc and was fair heating up...told her to pee off,she replied to me.....

"stop flapping like a kilt in the wind!!"

was flabbergasted...lol