The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#11   IP: 86.154.20.42
Old 18-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvils View Post
Put me down bout 387 !
Bloody hell !!!!
Thought I was well down the pecking order with my old 'salary' at 371.

Last three years it's been whatever my savings allow which has been well down the list
  #12   IP: 94.197.40.215
Old 18-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Hi Lynchey,
Like the new job description - Physical Scientist - sounds a good name for an op.

Can't argue with your sentiments. Pity there aren't a few in power, with the same, or even listening to those who express 'em.

See on the news today some millionaire is going to back Farrage's mob in the Euro elections campaign, publicity-wise. Listening to him this morning, he sounded a reasonably well sorted, level headed sort of chap, who's pretty pee-ed off too.
Lol mate more of an art than science,piss artist that is!Meant in terms of cash last few years lol soon to be minimum wage tho!
ukip oh no no no,wasnt Farrage a merchant banker?don't think he's changed,ryhmning slang wise
  #13   IP: 86.154.20.42
Old 18-11-2013, 11:06 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchy View Post
Lol mate more of an art than science,piss artist that is!Meant in terms of cash last few years lol soon to be minimum wage tho!
ukip oh no no no,wasnt Farrage a merchant banker?don't think he's changed,ryhmning slang wise
Not a very political animal, me, Lynchy, but listening to what some of the millionaire guy had to say, this morning, in reference to what Farrage's mob are going to be campaigning on/against/etc., there'll be a lot of people who will be agreeing with a lot - you for one, me for another, on the 'close the bloody doors' issue, to name just one.
  #14   IP: 86.154.20.42
Old 19-11-2013, 09:37 PM

To return, sort of, to the thread here a bit, thought you guys might like to see this cutting from a local-ish rag, which made me laugh.
Be even funnier if it weren't so true
it's genuine, by the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tax return.jpg (62.2 KB, 74 views)
  #15   IP: 188.29.41.180
Old 20-11-2013, 07:24 AM

HMRC made the mistake, he wasn't wrong !!
  #16   IP: 109.157.197.65
Old 20-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
To return, sort of, to the thread here a bit, thought you guys might like to see this cutting from a local-ish rag, which made me laugh.
Be even funnier if it weren't so true
it's genuine, by the way.
True so true
Only for the grief you'd get wouldn't u love to fill more forms out like that!!����

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Better to be a good "Bluffer" Than a bad worker!!
  #17   IP: 86.153.116.57
Old 21-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Are we talking income or subsidies here PD
The only poor farmers I know of are hill farmers - that's a tough life.

On EDIT
Not as tough as it seems, after watching country file's subsidy 'roundup' tonight!!!!
I'm talking income including subsidies I'm afraid. Without subsidy most farmers would go bust. Though there are undoubtedly some wealthy farmers out there, they are in a minority. It takes 1000ac to support a farming family withought aditional income and farms of that size are thin on the ground.

But just remember, it's food (and more latterly environmental work) that's being subsidised, not farmers. The purpose of support was to boost food production, not to make a minority profession rich. The government doesn't give a stuff about minorities, their votes don't win elections. However it's a very stupid and short sighted government, that ignores the importance of agriculture. We all benefit enormously from agricultural support, food has never been so cheap.
  #18   IP: 86.165.228.11
Old 21-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
I'm talking income including subsidies I'm afraid. Without subsidy most farmers would go bust. Though there are undoubtedly some wealthy farmers out there, they are in a minority. It takes 1000ac to support a farming family withought aditional income and farms of that size are thin on the ground.

But just remember, it's food (and more latterly environmental work) that's being subsidised, not farmers. The purpose of support was to boost food production, not to make a minority profession rich. The government doesn't give a stuff about minorities, their votes don't win elections. However it's a very stupid and short sighted government, that ignores the importance of agriculture. We all benefit enormously from agricultural support, food has never been so cheap.
I can't argue with anything you say PD. It is however one of the few industries that get a 'crutch' to stop 'em going belly up.
Can't think of many other producers who get paid a subsidy for not being productive enough.

In thirty + years of biz, no one's ever given me a bean.
Used to annoy me that had I been 10 miles from where I was, I could've had all sorts of subsidies and grants on UBR and equipment and I still had to compete with those who were getting free biz rates, 75% grants on their gear and subsidised labour !!!!!!

I can't agree more with you though, that without the farmers tending to the land the country would rapidly become a wilderness. Food may well be cheap, but not UK produced food.
  #19   IP: 86.153.116.57
Old 21-11-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I can't argue with anything you say PD. It is however one of the few industries that get a 'crutch' to stop 'em going belly up.
Can't think of many other producers who get paid a subsidy for not being productive enough.

Used to annoy me that had I been 10 miles from where I was, I could've had all sorts of subsidies and grants on UBR and equipment and I still had to compete with those who were getting free biz rates, 75% grants on their gear and subsidised labour !!!!!!

I can't agree more with you though, that without the farmers tending to the land the country would rapidly become a wilderness. Food may well be cheap, but not UK produced food.
Well a uk produced super market chicken can be had for 4. I wouldn't pluck one for that, let alone hatch the egg, feed the thing, kill it, pack it and get it on the shelf. Milk producers are not getting anything like a commercial price for their efforts and the pig industry has been on and off its knees for as long as I can remember. The fact is, uk food can't get any cheaper unless the super markets are prepared to cut their returns. There's nothing left to cut on the production front. Uk food is now produced to world leading standards of quality and efficiency. The red tape and constraints on production are suffocating. The constant bashing down of returns is what led to the horse burger scandal. Believe me, uk produced food is cheap.
  #20   IP: 86.153.116.57
Old 21-11-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:

But what's UBR? Sorry if I'm being thick