The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   IP: 86.154.20.42
Old 18-11-2013, 08:09 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,419
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvils View Post
Put me down bout 387 !
Bloody hell !!!!
Thought I was well down the pecking order with my old 'salary' at 371.

Last three years it's been whatever my savings allow which has been well down the list
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #12   IP: 94.197.40.215
Old 18-11-2013, 10:25 PM
lynchy's Avatar
lynchy lynchy is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 1,079
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Hi Lynchey,
Like the new job description - Physical Scientist - sounds a good name for an op.

Can't argue with your sentiments. Pity there aren't a few in power, with the same, or even listening to those who express 'em.

See on the news today some millionaire is going to back Farrage's mob in the Euro elections campaign, publicity-wise. Listening to him this morning, he sounded a reasonably well sorted, level headed sort of chap, who's pretty pee-ed off too.
Lol mate more of an art than science,piss artist that is!Meant in terms of cash last few years lol soon to be minimum wage tho!
ukip oh no no no,wasnt Farrage a merchant banker?don't think he's changed,ryhmning slang wise
Reply With Quote
  #13   IP: 86.154.20.42
Old 18-11-2013, 11:06 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,419
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchy View Post
Lol mate more of an art than science,piss artist that is!Meant in terms of cash last few years lol soon to be minimum wage tho!
ukip oh no no no,wasnt Farrage a merchant banker?don't think he's changed,ryhmning slang wise
Not a very political animal, me, Lynchy, but listening to what some of the millionaire guy had to say, this morning, in reference to what Farrage's mob are going to be campaigning on/against/etc., there'll be a lot of people who will be agreeing with a lot - you for one, me for another, on the 'close the bloody doors' issue, to name just one.
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14   IP: 86.154.20.42
Old 19-11-2013, 09:37 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,419
Default Re: What you getting paid???

To return, sort of, to the thread here a bit, thought you guys might like to see this cutting from a local-ish rag, which made me laugh.
Be even funnier if it weren't so true
it's genuine, by the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tax return.jpg (62.2 KB, 74 views)
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15   IP: 188.29.41.180
Old 20-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Traxcavator.'s Avatar
Traxcavator. Traxcavator. is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Hemisphere.
Posts: 13,027
Default Re: What you getting paid???

HMRC made the mistake, he wasn't wrong !!
Reply With Quote
  #16   IP: 109.157.197.65
Old 20-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Geoffdiggerman Geoffdiggerman is offline
Perfect Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hub of The North, Co. Armagh
Posts: 119
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
To return, sort of, to the thread here a bit, thought you guys might like to see this cutting from a local-ish rag, which made me laugh.
Be even funnier if it weren't so true
it's genuine, by the way.
True so true
Only for the grief you'd get wouldn't u love to fill more forms out like that!!����
__________________
Geoff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Better to be a good "Bluffer" Than a bad worker!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17   IP: 86.153.116.57
Old 21-11-2013, 05:43 PM
pond digger pond digger is offline
Knight of the East and West
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,125
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Are we talking income or subsidies here PD
The only poor farmers I know of are hill farmers - that's a tough life.

On EDIT
Not as tough as it seems, after watching country file's subsidy 'roundup' tonight!!!!
I'm talking income including subsidies I'm afraid. Without subsidy most farmers would go bust. Though there are undoubtedly some wealthy farmers out there, they are in a minority. It takes 1000ac to support a farming family withought aditional income and farms of that size are thin on the ground.

But just remember, it's food (and more latterly environmental work) that's being subsidised, not farmers. The purpose of support was to boost food production, not to make a minority profession rich. The government doesn't give a stuff about minorities, their votes don't win elections. However it's a very stupid and short sighted government, that ignores the importance of agriculture. We all benefit enormously from agricultural support, food has never been so cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #18   IP: 86.165.228.11
Old 21-11-2013, 06:54 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,419
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
I'm talking income including subsidies I'm afraid. Without subsidy most farmers would go bust. Though there are undoubtedly some wealthy farmers out there, they are in a minority. It takes 1000ac to support a farming family withought aditional income and farms of that size are thin on the ground.

But just remember, it's food (and more latterly environmental work) that's being subsidised, not farmers. The purpose of support was to boost food production, not to make a minority profession rich. The government doesn't give a stuff about minorities, their votes don't win elections. However it's a very stupid and short sighted government, that ignores the importance of agriculture. We all benefit enormously from agricultural support, food has never been so cheap.
I can't argue with anything you say PD. It is however one of the few industries that get a 'crutch' to stop 'em going belly up.
Can't think of many other producers who get paid a subsidy for not being productive enough.

In thirty + years of biz, no one's ever given me a bean.
Used to annoy me that had I been 10 miles from where I was, I could've had all sorts of subsidies and grants on UBR and equipment and I still had to compete with those who were getting free biz rates, 75% grants on their gear and subsidised labour !!!!!!

I can't agree more with you though, that without the farmers tending to the land the country would rapidly become a wilderness. Food may well be cheap, but not UK produced food.
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19   IP: 86.153.116.57
Old 21-11-2013, 10:32 PM
pond digger pond digger is offline
Knight of the East and West
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,125
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
I can't argue with anything you say PD. It is however one of the few industries that get a 'crutch' to stop 'em going belly up.
Can't think of many other producers who get paid a subsidy for not being productive enough.

In thirty + years of biz, no one's ever given me a bean.
Used to annoy me that had I been 10 miles from where I was, I could've had all sorts of subsidies and grants on UBR and equipment and I still had to compete with those who were getting free biz rates, 75% grants on their gear and subsidised labour !!!!!!

I can't agree more with you though, that without the farmers tending to the land the country would rapidly become a wilderness. Food may well be cheap, but not UK produced food.
Well a uk produced super market chicken can be had for 4. I wouldn't pluck one for that, let alone hatch the egg, feed the thing, kill it, pack it and get it on the shelf. Milk producers are not getting anything like a commercial price for their efforts and the pig industry has been on and off its knees for as long as I can remember. The fact is, uk food can't get any cheaper unless the super markets are prepared to cut their returns. There's nothing left to cut on the production front. Uk food is now produced to world leading standards of quality and efficiency. The red tape and constraints on production are suffocating. The constant bashing down of returns is what led to the horse burger scandal. Believe me, uk produced food is cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #20   IP: 86.153.116.57
Old 21-11-2013, 10:37 PM
pond digger pond digger is offline
Knight of the East and West
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,125
Default Re: What you getting paid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
I can't argue with anything you say PD. It is however one of the few industries that get a 'crutch' to stop 'em going belly up.
Can't think of many other producers who get paid a subsidy for not being productive enough.

In thirty + years of biz, no one's ever given me a bean.
Used to annoy me that had I been 10 miles from where I was, I could've had all sorts of subsidies and grants on UBR and equipment and I still had to compete with those who were getting free biz rates, 75% grants on their gear and subsidised labour !!!!!!

I can't agree more with you though, that without the farmers tending to the land the country would rapidly become a wilderness. Food may well be cheap, but not UK produced food.
But what's UBR? Sorry if I'm being thick
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.