The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#1   IP: 188.30.197.55
Old 28-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default CIS wtf?

Been working 'on the books' recently so kinda out of touch,seems like hmrc changing rules,'self employed' going have to be paye thru agency/umbrella co?to eradicate the so called 'sham' self employment,largely created by governments/big business wanting to have a more 'flexible' workforce,flexible one way that is ie less employment rights,more fear/uncertainty for workers?surely having to pay these parasite umbrella co's,who get backhanders from agencys to put workers there way,claiming to allow you to 'take home 95% of earnings lolis making a bad situation worse?
  #2   IP: 92.17.182.51
Old 28-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: CIS wtf?

i am on that with my driving agency and is a crock of shite am in noway better of and i have over 200 of expense's they owe me but they wont pay any of it out till i clock enough overtime to off set it is going to take a while when i only get 10 hour overtime rate only went on it cause it was a case of sign up or p45 off
  #3   IP: 176.250.234.253
Old 29-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Knight of the East

and the rich get richer while the working mans eeks out a little more of his wage to pay for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #4   IP: 86.147.151.242
Old 29-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Grand Master Architect

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...bour-costs-25/

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #5   IP: 80.41.154.10
Old 29-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Grand Master Architect

I've been on a few agencies that pay this way. I really don't like the idea of having to pay someone to get my wages. I know you can claim mileage allowance and for meals, basically it's like claiming for being self-employed on a weekly basis. However, people want to be on PAYE for a reason and that is usually job stability and there is none with these companies.
  #6   IP: 149.254.58.55
Old 29-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Knight of the East

Still don't quite get this. I assume I am still ok with my usual invoice weekly/monthly then pay my accountant to sort it out later. As im both on hire with and without machines.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #7   IP: 86.147.151.242
Old 30-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Still don't quite get this. I assume I am still ok with my usual invoice weekly/monthly then pay my accountant to sort it out later. As im both on hire with and without machines.
your fine, this if for agencys and company's taking drivers on and making them go self employed through what is essentially another agency / accounting firm who handle the wages. Sadly these firms take a chunk of money to pay you plus you lose all benefits of being employed such as a contract etc.

I think?

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #8   IP: 92.41.78.211
Old 30-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Hi mate,wonder how far hmrc are going with this 'agenda'?If your hiring in just as a driver,according to hmrc 'guidance' operative/driver/foreman can't be self employed,if your under direct supervision,told what to do and when to do it you ain't self employed,invoicing,or not,seems total minefield,how come can't hire on cis to a co if they've registered to deduct on 20% as used to and fk parasite agency/payroll/umbrella off?Part of reason it seems like I'm forced to work 'on books' along with pts changes
  #9   IP: 149.254.58.55
Old 30-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Knight of the East

Don't like being on the books.... we shall see. Hopefully I'll be ok like regy says. Seems ott If not. Still could charge and include hire of tooling in the price.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #10   IP: 86.22.161.22
Old 30-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Provost and Judge

its all a con having to pay to get paid

the umbrella companies only came about as agencys use to charge people to get paid which was illegal, a few agency companies also are the umbrella company too