The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#1   IP: 2.126.202.132
Old 24-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Knight of the East

Default public, emplyers and plant insuranc

just had a great quote from these guys, said i would return the favour and mention them on here, hope you girls dont mind, they might save you a few quid. saved me 300

arron hodson at coversure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 81.153.77.110
Old 25-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: public, emplyers and plant insuranc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
just had a great quote from these guys, said i would return the favour and mention them on here, hope you girls dont mind, they might save you a few quid. saved me 300

arron hodson at coversure
Have you tried NFU at all Dan - saved me a bloody fortune over the last few years I was operating. If you get a good office/rep, they can so helpful AND flexible.
Their monthly DD scheme's are also 'for nothing' type cheap - didn't pay to settle up in one hit!!
Commercial Combined - Public, employers, all risks, engineering, buildings, contents, stock, vehicles, tax audit/investigation and most importantly for me was the hot works !! 10M liability cover. It was a hell of a package.
They literally slashed the competitor's prices!!!!!
  #3   IP: 78.149.8.99
Old 25-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Grand Master Architect

Did they send out a rep for you to sift through your various policies with at the start? Don't enjoy doing it on the phone or at the shop counter which is rare now anyway. Being able to chat about it over a cupper seems more attractive and you would always have the relevant info at your fingertips??
  #4   IP: 2.126.202.132
Old 25-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Knight of the East

i cant remember why but last time i called them they didnt want my business, the guy was pretty rude and left me with a bad taste, shame really. my main concern is employers liability and the hired in plant ins.

#5   IP: 86.142.82.88
Old 25-09-2014, 09:44 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
Did they send out a rep for you to sift through your various policies with at the start? Don't enjoy doing it on the phone or at the shop counter which is rare now anyway. Being able to chat about it over a cupper seems more attractive and you would always have the relevant info at your fingertips??
Yes Mint. No way could I do it on the phone - far too complex - Rep initially was with me hours IIRC and always used to call in about a month before renewal to check through everything, to see if anything had changed.
The last couple of years, they've been fantastic as I've been winding down/selling off/etc.. Premiums very often reduced monthly as stuff went and I reduced cover.
Can't recommend my local office, at Wormbridge, highly enough. Exceptionally helpful team.
Plus, as I say they saved me a stack of cash for years!!
  #6   IP: 217.43.159.43
Old 28-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Sublime Master Elected

I have just started binning off NFU, I got one of our policies 750 cheaper else where!

Think they thought I'd be paying for their new fancy downtown office...!

I deal mostly with JCB insurance for plant and liability.. They add demo/hire machines etc foc!
  #7   IP: 86.165.228.35
Old 29-09-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
I have just started binning off NFU, I got one of our policies 750 cheaper else where!

Think they thought I'd be paying for their new fancy downtown office...!

I deal mostly with JCB insurance for plant and liability.. They add demo/hire machines etc foc!
Have to admit Dave, that there are certain things I've not renewed with them too - vehicle and home property cover was becoming ludicrously expensive and have made similar savings recently.

For my Commercial combined though, I couldn't fault them, at the time!!
No longer required now though, so can't comment on that policy, but the renewal in Feb this year was the usual very good rate.
Cancelled end of May, without any hassle and only cost me the monthly portions I needed 'til June.

Cheapest/best vehicle cover I've found these last 2 years has been Saga by a huge percentage over everyone else, even on renewal - actually went down a couple of quid!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 29-11-2014 at 12:47 AM.
  #8   IP: 176.253.206.241
Old 29-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Knight of the East

jcb quoted me double the cost of my final quote

#9   IP: 82.8.238.24
Old 16-11-2014, 08:19 PM

Lightbulb Re: public, emplyers and plant insuranc

how much roughly was your policy with them V8DRUIDS??
  #10   IP: 86.165.229.119
Old 29-11-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam1040 View Post
how much roughly was your policy with them V8DRUIDS??
Sorry Liam - just seen this.
I'll find some paperwork and have a shufty for you over the last couple of years and for when I was operational too.

They did slash my premiums when I changed over to 'em and were very comprehensive in their approach.

Will have to raid a filing cabinet for their files - in the daylight - they're all archived for the next ten years - for the */=+$"ng tax man, in case he wants a look!!