The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

#11   IP: 81.158.90.127
Old 14-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: R.Sanders Plant Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Make hay whilst the sun shines ....
That's the one.... And now the rains here two more jobs lined up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #12   IP: 213.205.251.97
Old 14-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Ruben there in lies the problem, PRICE, Plant hire, earthmoving, demolition and site clearance etc is priced against competition so go to high and you won't win the contract. It's all about efficiency and making what you can of good weather and daylight hours. If you can work more hours you get more done regardless of price. If you want to get on you earn as much as you can in one day, as the next day may bring rain and other crap that will halt works. The next job may well be lost if you don't start as planned so get each job done quick. If a job is priced correctly it will be based on costs so it will be labour plant and materials, labour and plant costs give you an hourly rate, based on this the more you work the quicker you earn.
Sitting back satisfied with your day rate is not forward thinking but will make you a living whilst you are working but getting more out of a day puts money in the bank for THAT RAINY DAY !!
  #13   IP: 81.158.73.186
Old 14-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Bit of updating, Newer website.... http://rsandersplanthire.com/
Thats A great wee website there Rory, plenty of info and all that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 81.151.174.233
Old 14-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Bit of updating, Newer website.... http://rsandersplanthire.com/
Rory, I take it you're now VAT registered as you're quoting everything as Plus VAT.
I don't see your VAT registration no., on your website, unless I've missed it ..........amongst that plethora of information.

Certainly very comprehensive and should answer most folks Q.s before they've even thought of 'em !!

Must've taken some time to put that together - DIY or you have someone doing it for you. It's very good

Last edited by V8Druid; 14-09-2015 at 01:07 PM.
  #15   IP: 81.158.90.127
Old 14-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Rory, I take it you're now VAT regostered as you're quoting everything as Plus VAT.
I don't see your VAT registration no., on your website, unless I've missed it ..........amongst that plethora of information.

Certainly very comprehensive and should answer most folks Q.s before they've even thought of 'em !!

Must've taken some time to put that together - DIY or you have someone doing it for you. It's very good
Sorted, good spot.

Gradually building, regularly update it and modify using wordpress which I think Regy (Sandhill plant) or Dan (Local international) recommended. Idea is the more information I put the less time I spend answering silly questions, deciding if I should put prices on was a difficult one but ultimately gives people the opportunity to decide they can't afford me without wanting a site visit etc... seems to of worked so far.

I keep focusing on jobs which are intresting and different. that way it avoids me entering into quotes with too many domestics that have strange ideas of price and paying.... the Job with the Grab has already asked me to go back and move more timber and paid within a week of invoice. That's the sort of customer I want

Trying to branch a bit into Inert waste and topsoil now as theres no extra cost and it gives another service that runs nicely with the plant. If it gets busy finding a suitable van driver is easy enough too, and it gives a platform to develop in case I ever want a 4x2 or 6x4 grab lorry.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....

Last edited by JD450A; 14-09-2015 at 12:53 PM.
  #16   IP: 81.151.174.233
Old 14-09-2015, 01:12 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Sorted, good spot.

Gradually building, regularly update it and modify using wordpress which I think Regy (Sandhill plant) or Dan (Local international) recommended. Idea is the more information I put the less time I spend answering silly questions, deciding if I should put prices on was a difficult one but ultimately gives people the opportunity to decide they can't afford me without wanting a site visit etc... seems to of worked so far.

I keep focusing on jobs which are intresting and different. that way it avoids me entering into quotes with too many domestics that have strange ideas of price and paying.... the Job with the Grab has already asked me to go back and move more timber and paid within a week of invoice. That's the sort of customer I want

Trying to branch a bit into Inert waste and topsoil now as theres no extra cost and it gives another service that runs nicely with the plant. If it gets busy finding a suitable van driver is easy enough too, and it gives a platform to develop in case I ever want a 4x2 or 6x4 grab lorry.
Glad to do my lil' bit mate!

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this and the way you want to go which is always good!!

Also good if you can be doing something of interest too, rather than inanely shifting sheizer 6 days a week.
  #17   IP: 213.205.194.118
Old 14-09-2015, 03:18 PM

Rory I will say I'm not 100% here but I don't think you need to display your VAT number or any other numbers on your web site. Invoices yes. I would not advertise prices either 1, competition will use them against you. Yes they can call and ask but at least you know who they are and you can adjust prices on dialogue, don't be in a hurry to give out cheap prices, give a range and then request that you visit the site, this way you weed out the con men and users. Also if any person viewing your site doesn't like your prices they won't call and you need them to call, you can then submit your pitch and discuss the prices. You do what you think is best for your business at the end of the day but have a think.
  #18   IP: 176.26.239.225
Old 14-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Knight of the East

i will argue that having prices online saves time wasters by 95%. every call is a booking because they already know the cost and have called because they have already accepted the price. those who dont, wont even call, no time wasting. no changing prices etc. the other advantage is that you are the guy setting the online pricing locally, hopefully others will match your pricing but your future clients wont find em anyway as they wont be hitting online clients like you. also anyone who is cheap will up prices, good for everyone except the client. honestly putting my prices online has been a brilliant move. i tend to get the clients that are not interested in the cost, they just want it easy and avoid calling ten blokes.

"there ya go miriam, thats the cost, thats his terms, it suits us, lets book him"

or

"pahh why do i have to call all these guys and ask for a price? i dont have time for this"

#19   IP: 176.26.239.225
Old 14-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Knight of the East

...why miriam?

#20   IP: 213.205.194.118
Old 14-09-2015, 03:53 PM

Dan/Miriam.... that works for you but there's no way it would for us. I can understand your method working for domestic hire and I guess it works for your other work so that's good. Thing is with our type of work, heavy, road construction, concreting engineering earth works, riverworks, sssi site work etc you can never just quote an hourly rate. The machine might use, wear out, in quarry work , for instance, all 6 teeth in 6 weeks. That is a cost of 480 plus fitter and down time.... There's no way that cost is being pulled from the standard hourly rate !! Every job is different and there fore hourly rates are different too, so it's talk on phone then site visit if necessary then price accordingly.

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 14-09-2015 at 04:14 PM.