View Poll Results: EU- in or out?
stay in the EU 10 18.52%
leave the EU 44 81.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

#11   IP: 86.156.85.208
Old 10-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: EU- in or out POLL

I'll need to know the pros and cons, before I'll commit.

When the arguments start, I'll be paying particular attention to the economists because that is the most important area to me. I don't think EU immigrants pause a problem, it's the non EU immigrants I think will cause us problems, being out of the EU will not make much difference to this. The Human Rights issue also seems to need reforming, it only appears to be used by criminals.

I saw on the news just now, that the EU need us to be in, Europe will be in a much worse state if we aren't a member. Candy Cameron's demands will probably be met, because they are weak and not really addressing any issues. If he were to ask about Human Rights reforms then the whole argument will get really interesting.

Like Giles has already mentioned, there are plenty of British scroungers milking the benefits system, with absolutely no intention of working, I know people in their 3rd generation who have never had to get up for work, now with kids of their own who'll soon be the 4th generation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 94.10.215.141
Old 10-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Knight of the East

giles the problem with someone from another country coming here and taking a job means another brit is out of work and costing each of us in welfare. if we introduce 2 million people admitedly they create more jobs but they still displace more brits (even discounting the dossers) as a result i see no advantage except for a government who lowers the working mans wage as a result. all of us were eaening more money 15 years ago than now.. thats wrong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#13   IP: 86.132.15.73
Old 10-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_Groundworks View Post
having lived and worked in munich and also spent few years working for bands traveling all over teh continent with open borders and single currency im all for it.

as for immigrants if they do the job better than a uk person for less money whats the problem? up skill our workforce, make them work harder or linger on in protected industries closed shops unions, winter of discontent?

why shouldn't someone else have what we have? there are genuinely very few ppl who aim to come here not to work and live off welfare but we have plenty of our home bread ppl who never intend to work or have a job!
One of my customers was looking for a council house to rent, in his home city of Hull; no luck- the empty ones were reserved for immigrants. I'm told that they are given money for mobile phones and cars: I'm also told they go to the front of the queue at the hospital. There's no wonder the indigenous population get a little cross!

I wouldn't want to tar all immigrants with the same brush; many of them have good work ethics. However, it is a fact that there are a fair few undesirables amongst them- drunks, thugs and thieves. We don't want to be importing criminals; we have enough of our own!

I do know that the eastern Europeans have a taste for Carp, and that's not good for fishery owners like me I've heard of gangs of them stealing fish and then turning nasty when challenged- they think it's fine to just pull out a knife

As for our own, that won't work: if they're able, they should be made to. We shouldn't be importing cheap labour when our own are sat about being idle! And if the immigrant workers are sending there earnings home, then the value of their labour is open to debate.

Of course you can't blame people for wanting to better themselves, and if there is a genuine skills gap, then someone's going to fill it. And, if the system is being abused, then the system must be at fault, for being capable of being abused. But too many immigrants add up to a drain on resourcses- housing, education and welfare, and that could ultimately lead to civil unrest.
  #14   IP: 46.33.141.223
Old 11-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Grand Master Architect

Shut the borders immediately. Any further immigration on Aussie style system- if we need that particular skill.

Importing people when there is net unemplolyment can only ever make things worse, whether by displacing Brit workers to the dole, or adding the immigrant to the social security system, or having them commit crime to survive.

Let's instill some national pride. Get a sense of community back. Local projects, unemployed locals working on them to gain skills. Cut child benefits for more than one child. Get rid of the myth that we need to keep increasing the population 'for the economy'.

If you think things are bad right now, just you wait till the Muslims (ostensibly from Syria, but in reality from every third world shithole) start to come over here.

We have a window of opportunity to literally pull up the drawbridge, and Cameron needs to grow some balls and do that.
  #15   IP: 86.132.15.73
Old 11-11-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
Cut child benefits for more than one child. Get rid of the myth that we need to keep increasing the population 'for the economy'.
I've thought this for a long time; we need less people not more. Thanks to mechanisation it takes less people to run industry: those that are left, work in the service sector. We do need a service sector, but if it's too big, it becomes burdensome on those of us that produce something more tangible: there's too many Beaurocrats and politicians for a start
  #16   IP: 109.146.141.97
Old 11-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

One of my customers was looking for a council house to rent, in his home city of Hull; no luck- the empty ones were reserved for immigrants. I'm told that they are given money for mobile phones and cars: I'm also told they go to the front of the queue at the hospital. There's no wonder the indigenous population get a little cross!

any evidence for this or just hear say and propaganda?

why would they get money for phones or cars? why would they go to the front of the queue?

just sounds like the far right propaganda you hear like tesco bans poppy sellars or lads in uniform etc 1m idiots share it on social media and it turns out to be a lie.

weve gone through this with every set of immigrants from free'd slaves to caribean immigrants in the 60s etc

i had a Lithuanian lad working for me, he never missed a day he was on time worked hard knew his stuff yeah language was difficult but we got through, had a few young english lads they were waste of space no hard work, no initiative thought they deserved better yet wouldnt work for it.

weve got a generation coming through who'll have mutated thumbs from iphone use and not have the graft to do what we do,
  #17   IP: 109.146.153.20
Old 12-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_Groundworks View Post

any evidence for this or just hear say and propaganda?

why would they get money for phones or cars? why would they go to the front of the queue?

just sounds like the far right propaganda you hear like tesco bans poppy sellars or lads in uniform etc 1m idiots share it on social media and it turns out to be a lie.

weve gone through this with every set of immigrants from free'd slaves to caribean immigrants in the 60s etc

i had a Lithuanian lad working for me, he never missed a day he was on time worked hard knew his stuff yeah language was difficult but we got through, had a few young english lads they were waste of space no hard work, no initiative thought they deserved better yet wouldnt work for it.

weve got a generation coming through who'll have mutated thumbs from iphone use and not have the graft to do what we do,
Well I haven't checked out the stories myself, but what I've heard has come straight from the people that live amongst it all.

Yes I appreciate what your saying about our indigenous youth; many are just not keen on work. I don't know where/how it's gone so wrong too much telly, too high expectations, or just had it too easy for too long
  #18   IP: 109.146.153.20
Old 12-11-2015, 09:38 AM

Perhaps we should give kids a daily beating, so they'd be glad to get out to work
  #19   IP: 94.10.215.141
Old 12-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Knight of the East

i have three english guys that work for me, all three plus me would outwork any euro import on any day and all day.... admittedly there are plenty of 17 yr old school leavers and a handfull of people who think they can graft but cant, but there are millions of british men with the right attitude, you just need to pay them the right money or they will go drive a van for ocado all day instead.

#20   IP: 86.139.93.151
Old 15-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Knight of the East

we are close now, anyone want to add or change?