The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#11   IP: 123.211.132.164
Old 19-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Lord Seans New JCB

Good on ya Sean , That will sort the garden out real quick .
  #12   IP: 176.248.184.201
Old 19-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoz. View Post
Good on ya Sean , That will sort the garden out real quick .
Not this one Ian,I think It will chew the grass up a bit to much
  #13   IP: 86.169.177.67
Old 19-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest1 View Post
It is the big one 114,they did plan to build a 300 hp model but as we know it never appeared.What a monster that would have been !Its got T6.354 in it and sounds vicious along with the high pitched whining of the pumps.Yes all travel controlled by the hand bar in the pic.
thought she was .... looks a beasty Boyo I'm very green
Bet that Perky sounds nice .... lovely engine in their own right ... have had a few o' them in me time and always sounded good.

Would love an hour or two in the cab o' that, with plenty to 'play' with in front of me!!

Very best of luck with her and everything you do to/with her ... you MUST keep us all up to date with the new toy ..... everyone's ultimate 'boy's toy' ................ Want one!!
  #14   IP: 86.132.146.175
Old 19-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Its the 114 the largest of the three models as the name suggest's.100 is the series of machines 110 being ten ton 112 twelve ton and 114 fourteen ton.I will not be stripping it down for one of those sort of restorations as it is quite clean and rust free in all the important places.It will be more of a good quality tart up.
114, excellent, I thought it was bigger than the baby of the bunch but not being an expert on them I couldn't tell for sure what model without badges
T6.354, same as we've got in the 820S, lovely old lump. What year was it built?

If it's all nice n tight in the right places then there's no need for a full resto, I like to call it a 'working refurb', your progress with it will make very interesting reading/viewing. Jobs you do on it and with it will be great to see. I've got a similar 'working refurb' to do on the 820S, complete new undercarraige and lots of other repairs that need doing to bring it back to a really nice working condition, although its still earning a crust how it is. Sadly haven't got the time to get it done at the mo, but when I do I hope it will make an interesting thread.

Good luck with it, I must say, like others, I'm very envious

James

Last edited by Shovelhands; 19-06-2016 at 01:06 PM.
  #15   IP: 176.248.184.201
Old 19-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
thought she was .... looks a beasty Boyo I'm very green
Bet that Perky sounds nice .... lovely engine in their own right ... have had a few o' them in me time and always sounded good.

Would love an hour or two in the cab o' that, with plenty to 'play' with in front of me!!

Very best of luck with her and everything you do to/with her ... you MUST keep us all up to date with the new toy ..... everyone's ultimate 'boy's toy' ................ Want one!!
Only immediate things I need to do is get a new water pump as its leaking from the shaft and sort the revs cable out.You changed a water pump on such a lump ?
  #16   IP: 176.248.184.201
Old 19-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
114, excellent, I thought it was bigger than the baby of the bunch but not being an expert on them I couldn't tell for sure what model without badges
T6.354, same as we've got in the 820S, lovely old lump. What year was it built?

If it's all nice n tight in the right places then there's no need for a full resto, I like to call it a 'working refurb', your progress with it will make very interesting reading/viewing. Jobs you do on it and with it will be great to see. I've got a similar 'working refurb' to do on the 820S, complete new undercarraige and lots of other repairs that need doing to bring it back to a really nice working condition, although its still earning a crust how it is. Sadly haven't got the time to get it done at the mo, but when I do I hope it will make an interesting thread.

Good luck with it, I must say, like others, I'm very envious

James
Thanks very much James,I have been on the look out for something for ages and had thought it would eventually be a 110,had one already.I never expected to get hold of a 114 though.It took a fair bit of travel up and down nurturing the deal in the face of other very interested parties that wanted it and at the end of it all it was just a case of splashing the cash and getting it bought.It wasn't what I would call cheap but it is a rare machine so it commands a bit more than your average machine I guess.Drive is very good as is engine and its tight on the bucket and loader arms.Your right about a running restoration,another bonus is it has all cab glass and both doors !
  #17   IP: 86.169.177.67
Old 19-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Only immediate things I need to do is get a new water pump as its leaking from the shaft and sort the revs cable out.You changed a water pump on such a lump ?
Long time ago now Sean ...... IIRC wasn't any drama .... depends which way round the motor is ... In SP cranes it was at the arse end so very accessible

Still green mate .... it looks very nice ...... new bonnet panels??
  #18   IP: 176.248.184.201
Old 19-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Long time ago now Sean ...... IIRC wasn't any drama .... depends which way round the motor is ... In SP cranes it was at the arse end so very accessible

Still green mate .... it looks very nice ...... new bonnet panels??
It is accessible but the after market bonnet weighs shall we just say...a lot ! it needs to go asap.All the bonnets were a bit flimsy on the track and wheel loaders from this ere,people walking on them and not fastening them down properly took its toll eventually.I will make an alloy sheet one with folding sides rather than lifting the whole bonnet,make a really tidy job and even make the plaque for the side.Water pump is only 75 when I can get under the ton and half of bonnet !
  #19   IP: 92.40.249.31
Old 19-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Nice machine, will look good with a nice new bonnet and a clean coat of paint.
  #20   IP: 86.132.48.147
Old 19-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Knight of the East

oh lordy lordy, it was oiterally months ago when you had your mask on, machete in hand and a tin foil hat, slagging off bookface... and here you are using it to find unusual heaps to paint! what has the world come to? before you know it you will be putting your phone number on a thread for all of china to call.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.