The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#1   IP: 87.114.193.204
Old 25-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Default Jcb 806c

Not often those pop up these days, But this JCB 806C was sold via EuroAuctions today at a bargain price of 2000, hope its gone to a collector and not to be broken up as spares, looks a well looked after machine, and if i had being there would of bid on her

#2   IP: 31.51.36.237
Old 26-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Jcb 806c

Quote:
Originally Posted by APH2007 View Post
Not often those pop up these days, But this JCB 806C was sold via EuroAuctions today at a bargain price of 2000, hope its gone to a collector and not to be broken up as spares, looks a well looked after machine, and if i had being there would of bid on her

One of the first machines I operated ! The levers were that stiff it was like doing a gym workout . I had a pair of shoulder blades like Mike Tyson.
The cab was huge , you could stand up in it!
Looks really square for its age . A steal at 2K
  #3   IP: 86.132.144.247
Old 26-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

We had an 805B, as you say Vin, a bloody workout on them levers!

Not seen one like that though, must have been a late one, square windows in cab and steel bonnets by the look of it. Our 805 had rounded corners on the cab glass and iirc GRP bonnets. Was a good simple reliable tool for its day
  #4   IP: 2.13.244.214
Old 26-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Intendant of the Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post

Not seen one like that though, must have been a late one, square windows in cab and steel bonnets by the look of it. Our 805 had rounded corners on the cab glass and iirc GRP bonnets. Was a good simple reliable tool for its day
And it all went downhill from there....... lol
  #5   IP: 86.139.114.76
Old 26-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post

my guess'd be a rebuild James ..... tidy job though ..... wouldn't have kept me hands in me pockets if I'd been there, for sure ..... one cheap digger
  #6   IP: 31.51.36.237
Old 26-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
And it all went downhill from there....... lol
that's the way the cab windows were! the huge front glass and frame swung forward from top hung hinges . learnt my first lesson on a hot day about the bucket interfering with the rest of the machine wiped the window and frame out with the bucket! paid for it myself before anyone found out didn't want my plant career to end before it begun .
i can remember working on it in bracknell grading subase for a road on a new bryant homes housing estate. It was a bit of an animal to cut your teeth on
  #7   IP: 86.153.99.63
Old 26-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Intimate Secretary

had one of these brand new it was exactly the same as that about 1985 i think ,was a decent machine better than the 806 b i had before it that had cab on other side great big overhang on ass end and 3c type levers in front of you not a comfortable operating position 12 hours a day
  #8   IP: 86.129.34.145
Old 26-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient excavations View Post
had one of these brand new it was exactly the same as that about 1985 i think ,was a decent machine better than the 806 b i had before it that had cab on other side great big overhang on ass end and 3c type levers in front of you not a comfortable operating position 12 hours a day
Was the cab the same? Can't say I've seen an 806c TBH though. The cab looks halfway between the old 805B we had and the later White cabbed 800 series excavators? I thought maybe it had been altered in some way? Maybe not? Interesting all the same, I'd imagine there are very few around now, probably still some lurking on farms and still putting in a shift or two though

Here's a pic of our old girl, in the shit!, you can see the cab is much squatter as well as having the rounded glass. Incidentally iirc it used to break windscreens for fun!, rarely though contact, usually just vibration, probably how it was mounted? It had an ally frame iirc. We had a piece of ply cut to fit with brackets to mount it, for such occasions, got used regularly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.4 KB, 44 views)
  #9   IP: 86.153.99.63
Old 27-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Intimate Secretary

possibly yours was one of the early ones only the edge of windows looks different