The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#11   IP: 81.147.99.201
Old 04-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Are we busy?

Now that's more like it

And lots of variety.

Oh no Paul23, not 1 but 2. I'm told worst thing after op is having a dump....dunno if this true or not.

As for a 3.5t tipper, I loved my iveco and pulled like buggery. I've now got a sprinter and that's just as good albeit a little down on towing weight.
  #12   IP: 176.26.123.226
Old 04-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul23 View Post
I'm just a lurker and haven't posted Just getting the feel for the site. Also recovering from having two hernias removed a fortnight ago.
Welcome along Paul, hopefully your recovery is going well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
  #13   IP: 86.139.38.192
Old 04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
im not busy .. just that what has been posted either doesnt interest me enough to reply or i dont know enough about the subject.i have noticed a lull but just thought as you did everyone busy,druid hasnt put up much since he been with alex so thats about half the content gone
LMAO Mart yn ....... he's keeping me busy ..... an' the early starts are killing me ..... I'll make it up a bit later
  #14   IP: 31.219.122.198
Old 04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Issue is people don't bother posting, and a thread with the one person posting constant updates becomes like a Blog and you look like a pretentious arsehole posting constant crap that no one really wants to read.... The reality is quite different and it's simply people feel theres nothing worth saying.....
Know where you're coming from Rory, I feel the same a lot of the time that and the fact of what am I doing this week.... Errr still moving sand around
  #15   IP: 86.139.38.192
Old 04-03-2017, 05:57 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul23 View Post
I'm just a lurker and haven't posted Just getting the feel for the site. Also recovering from having two hernias removed a fortnight ago.
welcome Paul ..... do not envy you that ....
you've a feel for what it's all about/like here then, if you've been lurking a while ....... time to dive in feet first
  #16   IP: 86.139.38.192
Old 04-03-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Been a mix of too busy to take photos and not busy enough with interesting stuff to post here. I will most likely be chopping my existing thread and starting afresh when it dries up as things have changed quite a bit.

Issue is people don't bother posting, and a thread with the one person posting constant updates becomes like a Blog and you look like a pretentious arsehole posting constant crap that no one really wants to read.... The reality is quite different and it's simply people feel theres nothing worth saying.....

I might take a guard of a grinder or stand on a ladder in a bucket with a chainsaw this afternoon... that sorta shit always raises a reaction!

If you want a busy forum you have to make it busy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorcx130 View Post
Know where you're coming from Rory, I feel the same a lot of the time that and the fact of what am I doing this week.... Errr still moving sand around
I for one enjoy both of you guy's threads ..... keep it up sand or no .... the scale of the op. is often staggering ..... as for Rory's .... we all gotta start somewhere Boyo and we've all got a ringside seat to watch the rise of your empire from
  #17   IP: 109.147.203.52
Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Busy but if I'm honest interest has dropped off.
Lots of lookers but few posters. That said the regular posters are good craic with something different be it a flat tyre or biggest rock competition and I try to add a comment simply to let them know their posts are appreciated and to maybe prompt others to comment.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#18   IP: 92.135.174.99
Old 04-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Intendant of the Building

Im always flat out thankfully but haven't posted anything lately cos seems its always questions regarding breakdowns etc which arent always interesting.

We have a couple of annoyances atm - an old compressor playing up and a mini dumper that's proving a pita..................... might have to post something up.... owts better than a dead forum.

RE the ongoing threads, they are always worth a read - keep them going less its finished.
  #19   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 04-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Knight of the East and West

Been sick off an on with a respiratory infection, thought I had it beat early last week and then woke up in the morning Tuesday with swollen tonsils to start it off all over again. Been bugging the quacks for years to have them removed because they cause nothing but trouble and finally now they're starting to take me seriously.
  #20   IP: 81.147.99.201
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
Been sick off an on with a respiratory infection, thought I had it beat early last week and then woke up in the morning Tuesday with swollen tonsils to start it off all over again. Been bugging the quacks for years to have them removed because they cause nothing but trouble and finally now they're starting to take me seriously.
Makes you wonder when your telling them something but they keep coming up with different reasons to justify doing nothing