The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 79.67.119.134
Old 22-02-2018, 08:04 AM
Secret Master

Default JCB JS 130 slewing problem

Hi,

I have just changed the hydraulic suction and return filter as well as the pilot filter on my jcb js130 1998 model.

Was slewing around fine prior to the filter change but now after I have replaced the filters I got back in to move it everything else works well but it has no slew left or right now? If you track it forward and backwards slightly and then try and slew you get a slight response from the lever I.e. the pump loads the engine slightly and there is vibration from the slew motor and it reluctantly moves but this is short lived as soon as you let go of the lever again it's back to no response until you track a bit more?

Like I say it was working absolutely fine beforehand.

The only thing is, I notice I am running low on hydraulic oil I.e slightly below the minimum level marker however everything apart from this is operating fine?

I thought about possibly air in the pilot circuit, can I bleed this?

Thanks in advance
  #2   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 22-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: JCB JS 130 slewing problem

slew is usually on a separate pump and not load sensed ..
if you've no air in the servos, on other services it's unlikely you have air in that circuit, I'd have thought .....
with 30-35 bar in the circuit it's unlikely there's much in the way of air in there
does the slew pump have a separate pick up?
is the slew brake coming off ?? it'd judder if it was fighting the brake

Low oil level is not going to help either .... it needs the full amount in there to recirculate without issues ....
consider your flow - it's usually greater than the tank's volume!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 22-02-2018 at 09:37 AM.
  #3   IP: 148.252.129.93
Old 22-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2010 View Post
Hi,

I have just changed the hydraulic suction and return filter as well as the pilot filter on my jcb js130 1998 model.

Was slewing around fine prior to the filter change but now after I have replaced the filters I got back in to move it everything else works well but it has no slew left or right now? If you track it forward and backwards slightly and then try and slew you get a slight response from the lever I.e. the pump loads the engine slightly and there is vibration from the slew motor and it reluctantly moves but this is short lived as soon as you let go of the lever again it's back to no response until you track a bit more?

Like I say it was working absolutely fine beforehand.

The only thing is, I notice I am running low on hydraulic oil I.e slightly below the minimum level marker however everything apart from this is operating fine?

I thought about possibly air in the pilot circuit, can I bleed this?

Thanks in advance
Are both tracks turning? I think these have 1 track, slew, and hammer on the same pump, so if one track is not turning also you have a pump problem! possibly air in the pump!

Try bleeding both pumps, if theres a bleed screw use that, or slacken of the output hoses on the pump with the engine ticking over.

It could also be the brakes sticking on, if this is so then its really more a coincidence than a problem with what you have done.
try pulling in the dipper at the same time as slewing to see if the brakes release?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #4   IP: 81.156.48.220
Old 28-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Have you accidentally pressed the slew lock button?
  #5   IP: 94.15.209.213
Old 29-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Sublime Master Elected

could also be the solenoid valve by the pump have you knocked the wires loose?sounds like problem i had went home at night machine was fine next morning nothing