The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#1   IP: 92.135.183.229
Old 15-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Kinshoffer tilt rotator

Did kinshoffer have a tiltrotator at plantworks ?

The cylinder less design must be an advantage over the others ???

Anyone had a look at a unit and prices ?

Last edited by furniss480; 17-06-2017 at 07:10 AM.
  #2   IP: 86.28.110.229
Old 18-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Secret Master

Default Re: Kinshoffer tilt rotator

I did speak to them at the show and quoted around 15k fitted to my Doosan 140,
The lack of rams appeals to me as its a lot narrower the other types however, they do not seem as popular as the others, any reason why?
  #3   IP: 92.135.183.229
Old 18-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Dont know...... seems to have everything going for it ..... no rams and 55% tilt and i guess could prob direct mount as well ?
Would be interested in hearing from some of the tilty experts ..... its strangely quiet.
  #4   IP: 86.142.39.73
Old 18-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Intendant of the Building

I can remember reading somewhere that they dont have the power that rams have.Kind of makes sense.
  #5   IP: 178.101.39.127
Old 18-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Knight of the East

This is an impressive unit.....http://www.mts-online.de/produkte/ti...ltrotator.html
  #6   IP: 86.28.110.229
Old 18-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Secret Master

I did have quick go on the one at the show, no way near enough to find its limits and never using one before it was very hit and miss but I'd of thought the rotate element/resistance would be more important than the tilting part as the this needs to resist digging forces?
  #7   IP: 86.142.39.73
Old 18-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Intendant of the Building

The rotate is worked by a worm drive gear. They use these because the worm will not move until it is powered one way or the other. Its nice to have some power in the tilt because if you are digging sideways tilt is the brakeout force.
  #8   IP: 213.78.124.22
Old 26-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Dont know...... seems to have everything going for it ..... no rams and 55% tilt and i guess could prob direct mount as well ?
Would be interested in hearing from some of the tilty experts ..... its strangely quiet.
Sod's law. You take a bit of holiday and someone posts a tilty question although in fairness I didn't feel I should answer directly about a competitor's products. Since the subject has become more generic, I'll put my head above the parapet.

Most of this has been covered by others, but the main differences between this type of tilty and the three main manufacturers is the lack of rams. It does make for a narrower build - on a 10T model the width is around 410mm compared to 578mm for the Engcon equivalent, so you can get into narrower trenches without having to go to a twin hitch arrangement and you do have the extra tilt - upto 55 degrees (50 on the 14 and 19T) compared to 45 on ours. It's also fair to say that you don't have (tilt ram) hoses to watch out for, although most tilty owners don't seem to have a problem here.

Against this, the tilting torque is much less for these types of units and, when I've been asked about it, this seems to be the dominant factor in the decision making process when comparing ram vs ram-less. Our EC209 has around 24,300Nm to play with compared to the published figures of 10,500Nm for the ram-less variants. As has been pointed out earlier, when digging off-centre (which is what tilties are all about), the tilting torque translates directly to break-out force.

HTH

regards

Robert
  #9   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 27-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngconUK View Post
Sod's law. You take a bit of holiday and someone posts a tilty question although in fairness I didn't feel I should answer directly about a competitor's products. Since the subject has become more generic, I'll put my head above the parapet.

Most of this has been covered by others, but the main differences between this type of tilty and the three main manufacturers is the lack of rams. It does make for a narrower build - on a 10T model the width is around 410mm compared to 578mm for the Engcon equivalent, so you can get into narrower trenches without having to go to a twin hitch arrangement and you do have the extra tilt - upto 55 degrees (50 on the 14 and 19T) compared to 45 on ours. It's also fair to say that you don't have (tilt ram) hoses to watch out for, although most tilty owners don't seem to have a problem here.

Against this, the tilting torque is much less for these types of units and, when I've been asked about it, this seems to be the dominant factor in the decision making process when comparing ram vs ram-less. Our EC209 has around 24,300Nm to play with compared to the published figures of 10,500Nm for the ram-less variants. As has been pointed out earlier, when digging off-centre (which is what tilties are all about), the tilting torque translates directly to break-out force.

HTH

regards

Robert
I've seen some pix (and have copies somewhere -- if I could find the damned things ) of Engcon's development/prototype Helac type tilty a while ago ..... I assume that they've no plans to launch it in the near (or even, distant) future Robert ???
  #10   IP: 92.135.51.180
Old 27-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Saw this posted up on another platform....... interesting stuff.

https://calibre.equipment/posts/intr...t-it-in-action