The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 5.170.226.246
Old 06-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Provost and Judge

Question opinions experiences merits defects performance on heavy earthmoving machinery hyunda

:confuso:
What do you think about Daewoo and Hyundai /doosan machines are reliable, would you buy them for your company, it recommended that the performance attributed to defects, are robust and long-lasting? thanks to those who want to step in and provide evidence and explanations, thanks aspect news

http://www.hyundai.eu/en/products/co...ler-excavators

#2   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 07-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: opinions experiences merits defects performance on heavy earthmoving machinery hy

As far as I know Doosan and Hyundai are separate linages.

My Hyundai mini has 480 hours on the clock. So far the kingpin weld has failed, leading to the kingpin falling out , the insufficient insulation on the console pilot safety switch led to it rubbing through and shorting out (which they tried to charge me 450+ VAT for for two site visits), a hose has pinched and failed inside the retractable undercarriage, and a hose connector on the main valve block failed. I've not been particularly impressed with the dealer response, but in fairness I don't think Hyundai make it easy for them. They force the dealer to do stupid shit like travel fifty miles to get an 'approved' new hose made up, rather than use a local place. Apparently they are also a nightmare when it comes to how many hours they allow for warranty jobs.

Overall it seems a strong machine, and I'm happy so far. It has a lot of 'extras' as standard such as ram guards, tracking alarm and proportional auxillary hydraulics. I'm very glad I paid for a five year warranty, although at this rate I'll get rid of it after three as it's clocking the hours up.
  #3   IP: 5.170.221.132
Old 07-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Provost and Judge

Question Re: opinions experiences merits defects performance on heavy earthmoving machinery hy

thank you for your testimony and your intervention, moral of the story is not advice to acquire one, perhaps best known classic brand more secure type, volvo, caterpillar, komatsu, am I wrong?
Doosan Daewoo and Hyundai, not so reliable I think, in my part almost unknown machines, I have no way to assess the quality and reliability of these heavy machinery

only a few tracked crawler excavator by fifteen tons backward
  #4   IP: 81.155.104.40
Old 08-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: opinions experiences merits defects performance on heavy earthmoving machinery hy

From what info I get talking to others and seeing these machines I'm sure they are no better or worse than anything else available.its only that the badge at the back ain't fashionable and ops would rather have Volvo,cat or hitachi on the counterweight
Nick...
  #5   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 08-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerman View Post
From what info I get talking to others and seeing these machines I'm sure they are no better or worse than anything else available.its only that the badge at the back ain't fashionable and ops would rather have Volvo,cat or hitachi on the counterweight
Nick...
Up against the Hitatchi (which was over 1k cheaper) I thought the Hyundai was the better machine. Both machines like for like- ZTS with bolt on extra counterweight.
  #6   IP: 86.130.21.189
Old 08-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Sublime Master Elected

as i have mentioned before i had a hyundai r55 about 8 years ago,it had 5k hours on it when i bought it,traded my ford 655c in for it .yanmar engine would work hard all day on 5 gal of fuel would take 3cx buckets and handled a 3 footer with ease i thought it was a great machine,fast powerfull and smooth and it was well used so new must be good, sorry i fucking sold it now
  #7   IP: 5.170.225.48
Old 09-03-2017, 06:35 AM
Provost and Judge

thank you for your tesyimonianze and opinions, and I repeat hyundai daewoo doosan not in my area, just a 20-ton crawler excavator 15, while Hitachi dealer located in my town thanks again for reports, your always valuable advice thanks, if other users havessero further advice and suggestions please send mail thanks again

#8   IP: 5.170.106.182
Old 08-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Provost and Judge

Question Re: opinions experiences merits defects performance on heavy earthmoving machinery hy

HYUNDAI ROBEX 210 NLC-7A?

what do you think of this 20-ton excavator?
  #9   IP: 92.24.179.156
Old 11-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Provost and Judge

In it's day they weren't a bad machine.Big 6 cylinder cummins engine for plenty of power They where as good as the rest but like said before wrong badge
Like all machines every mark got better.
I've been driving one of the new HX 140's lately and is as good machine as i think i've used.
fast, smooth with all the bells and whistles
It has 4 cameras on the machine so you can see all round and can be set for Birds eye view so deffinatelty all round vision.
4 cylinder perkins engine gives plenty of poke and fuel consumption is economical
personally I like it
  #10   IP: 5.170.104.179
Old 12-08-2018, 03:41 PM
Provost and Judge

thank you for your intervention and your precious words thanks again, if any other friend user had other news, I invite him to write and participate in the discussion thanks again