The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Events

#21   IP: 60.228.69.223
Old 22-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: vip visit to jcb factory 17nov2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Sean View Post
Mmm....the more polish speaks the more intrested I become in himLets see,he's quite local to me,seems to have quite a big fleet or had a big fleet in the past?Now He's got me guessing more than ever what his company is called,may be I'v even worked for you in years gone by?If your not saying I may have to root you outIf your local PM me and I could pop over for tea and scones on my xr 500I know Hather Plant changed to cat after being a big JCB backhoe user.All so it will be great to put faces to names on this visit after rubbing shoulders with a few forum members at variouse functions but not actually meeting any one.
Sean After rubbing shoulders with you and gotten a boot from the static electricity you generate ,maybe their not game to shake your hand . Ian .
  #22   IP: 86.133.118.84
Old 22-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoz. View Post
Sean After rubbing shoulders with you and gotten a boot from the static electricity you generate ,maybe their not game to shake your hand . Ian .
Well,rob from TC Harrison thought I was a nice enough bloke
  #23   IP: 60.228.69.223
Old 23-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Well now all you have to do is convince the rest of the guys here .
Ian.
  #24   IP: 86.153.16.232
Old 23-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
probably cos he wants to sell you somthing
nick...........
  #25   IP: 90.193.135.226
Old 23-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwils15 View Post
date has been booked........ meet at jcb hospitality 9.30am
coffee on arrival
Well done Rob. I would love to come as I am sure it will be fasinating to anybody with no knowledge of how a factory operates but sadly as an o/op it is very unlikely that I could wangle it. Thanks for the offer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmayor View Post
...... is someone actually going to listen to us as frontline users ............. i do think over the last 5 years JCB have lost there way on a whole number of issues,
Have not had chance to say HI, and welcome yet Daz, so consider it now done
From what I read in another post it seems that the message might well be starting to get through. Rob comments that JCB are aware of this forum and digesting comments both good and bad.
Any business can only benefit from constructive critism and feedback, IMHO.
If I was you or Polishbuilt and one or two others I would be asking Rob to arrange a meet / chat with one or more of the design team to hear their comments.
I bet a pound to a pinch of salt that half of them have never seen a machine put to productive work or can begin to understand some of the problems we as operators ( never mind owners ) suffer. Maybe you are the guys to educate them

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishbuilt View Post
been before....it s very impressive as is any manufacturing plant......
I can imagine its facinating. If you got this far you've already read my comment above.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #26   IP: 93.186.23.237
Old 24-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Knight of the East

Sean did I pick out you have an xr500?

I'm thinking twin shock 500 Honda single Enduro, and if so I'll be nipping over to you and bringing the tea and scones with me!

Any pictures?

I've had the pleasure of meeting Polishbuilt, top bloke and really switched on with machines.
He has his BL71 really set up as a Backhoe should be,(sticks and leg levers between the sticks) and runs it on a seriously big set of Michelin Boots that make it really stand out.
He won't mind me saying he's probably younger than you think, but not lacking anything in experience or knowledge.
Let's face it JCB should just get off the fence and pay him top dollar for 3 months to go and share his wisdom, or drop their Eco in his yard with the same size tyres as he uses on the Volvo and let him give it a serious workout.
It would be money better spent than some Agency seat fillers at the Test Site.

Eddie.
  #27   IP: 86.133.118.84
Old 24-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Sean did I pick out you have an xr500?

I'm thinking twin shock 500 Honda single Enduro, and if so I'll be nipping over to you and bringing the tea and scones with me!

Any pictures?

I've had the pleasure of meeting Polishbuilt, top bloke and really switched on with machines.
He has his BL71 really set up as a Backhoe should be,(sticks and leg levers between the sticks) and runs it on a seriously big set of Michelin Boots that make it really stand out.
He won't mind me saying he's probably younger than you think, but not lacking anything in experience or knowledge.
Let's face it JCB should just get off the fence and pay him top dollar for 3 months to go and share his wisdom, or drop their Eco in his yard with the same size tyres as he uses on the Volvo and let him give it a serious workout.
It would be money better spent than some Agency seat fillers at the Test Site.

Eddie.
Hi Eddie,Yes Honda xr 500r but mine is a 1983 pro link one not the earlyer twin shock version,Your welcome for tea and scones any time as is any one else who's passing my villageI have plenty to see with all my machines and what not are here on the estate
  #28   IP: 60.228.69.223
Old 24-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Hi Eddie,Yes Honda xr 500r but mine is a 1983 pro link one not the earlyer twin shock version,Your welcome for tea and scones any time as is any one else who's passing my villageI have plenty to see with all my machines and what not are here on the estate
Just keep clear of the shed with the chain saw outside of it and the strange red stains on the floor .
Ian .
  #29   IP: 82.37.48.29
Old 24-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Grand Master Architect

lol i ain't to worried about the shed or the blood staines, its the locked bedroom with bits attached to the ceiling!!!
  #30   IP: 60.228.69.223
Old 24-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmayor View Post
lol i ain't to worried about the shed or the blood staines, its the locked bedroom with bits attached to the ceiling!!!
Are you speaking from personal experience ? I thought the shed was third and last in line in the estate tour . Tea and scones first , then the bedroom ,finally followed by the shed . Ian .