The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   IP: 213.205.240.60
Old 14-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Edwards1993 Edwards1993 is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 826
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Well done,good luck with it,I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it,let's us know how it all goes
The first steps are always the hardest and it takes a lot of balls to even go in for something like this
Thanks Ollie.
I'm just glad it's come up at the right time , the sooner I get the ball rolling the better and I should be able to take a lot from it!
Reply With Quote
  #12   IP: 31.120.160.118
Old 14-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Davejcb Davejcb is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 954
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

This event was planned over a year ago.... I'm the poster boy , see page after you have clicked register. And also in the video... Good isn't it !

Haven't been invited yet but assume I will be!
Reply With Quote
  #13   IP: 95.144.165.98
Old 14-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Eddiebackblade Eddiebackblade is offline
Knight of the East
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards1993 View Post
Got me a space reserved hopefully it'll be worth it!
A very good move in my opinion, go with open eyes and avoid the JCB injection they will try and give you!

It should be a very informative day, and great you are even considering going it alone.
Plenty on here have done it and it's scary stuff, but you'll never get rid of that itch until you've scratched it!

Enjoy the day.

Eddie.
Reply With Quote
  #14   IP: 92.11.100.190
Old 14-02-2014, 03:12 PM
CAT444F CAT444F is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 40
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
say what you like about JCB,but they are certainly on the ball when it comes to PR,think that is a great idea to help people who want to have a go but don't know how to get started
I agree with you JCB are certainly on the ball when it comes to PR, We were in Las Vegas when Conexpo was on 2 or 3 years ago and remember passing the
exhibition area where JCB had erected a hugh pic of a Loadall on the side of the adjoining high rise building, it could be seen from way down the Strip and most certainly dominated the exhibition area.
Reply With Quote
  #15   IP: 109.148.114.204
Old 14-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Edwards1993 Edwards1993 is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 826
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
This event was planned over a year ago.... I'm the poster boy , see page after you have clicked register. And also in the video... Good isn't it !

Haven't been invited yet but assume I will be!
Are you the first or second David in the video?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
A very good move in my opinion, go with open eyes and avoid the JCB injection they will try and give you!

It should be a very informative day, and great you are even considering going it alone.
Plenty on here have done it and it's scary stuff, but you'll never get rid of that itch until you've scratched it!

Enjoy the day.

Eddie.
It's one of the things I'm needing to get my head around incase I'm missing anything out with the importants of starting up a business, so it's just at the right time really!

I won't be drawn in by jcb tho, I've already set my sights on the machine I'm after

Thanks eddie
Reply With Quote
  #16   IP: 31.50.131.38
Old 14-02-2014, 10:28 PM
JD450A's Avatar
JD450A JD450A is offline
Prince of Jerusalem
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not really sure
Posts: 5,003
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Good luck Edward and hopefully it'll be useful to you. Certainly I use JCB insurance as it was recommended by someone on the forum and find them very reasonable and happy to help. Age has never been an issue with them, and I first took out a policy with them when I was 18.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
Reply With Quote
  #17   IP: 94.3.211.130
Old 15-02-2014, 08:35 AM
gratman gratman is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,620
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards1993 View Post
Got me a space reserved hopefully it'll be worth it!
Good luck mate if nothimg else it will be a good day out for sure!!

Shaun
Reply With Quote
  #18   IP: 94.11.205.251
Old 15-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Davejcb Davejcb is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 954
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards1993 View Post
Are you the first or second David in the video?




It's one of the things I'm needing to get my head around incase I'm missing anything out with the importants of starting up a business, so it's just at the right time really!

I won't be drawn in by jcb tho, I've already set my sights on the machine I'm after

Thanks eddie

Second , with the clean machine

All be it a rental machine because mine was having a new engine at the time of filming(but that's another story!)
Reply With Quote
  #19   IP: 109.148.114.204
Old 15-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Edwards1993 Edwards1993 is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 826
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Good luck Edward and hopefully it'll be useful to you. Certainly I use JCB insurance as it was recommended by someone on the forum and find them very reasonable and happy to help. Age has never been an issue with them, and I first took out a policy with them when I was 18.
I have spoke to jcb about insurance but unfortunatley they caught at the wrong time whislt at work so I need to catch up with them and do some quotes!


Quote:
Originally Posted by gratman View Post
Good luck mate if nothimg else it will be a good day out for sure!!

Shaun
Cheers Shaun, should be interesting as you said.. I'll make sure I get some pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
Second , with the clean machine

All be it a rental machine because mine was having a new engine at the time of filming(but that's another story!)
I see, how old was yours when it was having the new engine?
are you hoping to be there on the day?
Reply With Quote
  #20   IP: 94.11.205.251
Old 15-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Davejcb Davejcb is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 954
Default Re: Be Your Own Boss?

2 years , 2000 hours.

Hopefully, it had been mentioned but I haven't been asked as of yet..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.