The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#1   IP: 87.115.136.174
Old 14-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default firm gone bust and owes wages

Have anybody on here worked for a firm that went bust and owed you wages Son and 9workmates was told friday week that the bank was insisting that he laid off most of his employees or they would close him down and left 4 working.
On the tuesday after he left lowloader comes and picks up diggers and take them away,next day he goes into voluntary liquidation he gets wage slip and was told money has been put in bank .No money then a letter saying he has got to apply to administrators as a creditor.I thought that employees wages were first to be paid I have found government fund to payout employees .Just wondered if anybody knows anything about this
  #2   IP: 195.93.21.9
Old 14-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: firm gone bust and owes wages

Bob if there is no money, no one can get paid. The Government may pay out but it will take a bloody long time if at all.
  #3   IP: 123.2.47.139
Old 14-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Don't know about your country Bob but over here that happens a lot ,Banks and liquidators {liquidator and administrator costs are obscene}are first in line taking almost everything ,workers are last and often loose all entitlements never seeing a cent .The disgusting thing is sometimes the owners have shifted assets and cash to spouses ect and are still quite wealthy ????

Last edited by wazza of oz; 15-12-2010 at 11:02 PM.
  #4   IP: 93.189.161.234
Old 26-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza of oz View Post
Don't know about your country Bob but over here that happens a lot ,Banks and liquidators {liquidator and administrator costs are obscene}are first in line taking almost everything ,workers are last and often loose all entitlements never seeing a cent .The disgusting thing is sometimes the owners have shifted assets and cash to spouses ect and are still quite wealthy ????
Its true, seen it happen here a good few times, same trick pulled at least 3 times by the same guy that I know of. As always its the employees or the owner operators sub contracting that come off worse. Hope he sorts it out, best go knock on the guys door with the other employess and see what he has to say. Still a bad show though, sorry
  #5   IP: 87.102.14.152
Old 26-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Intimate Secretary

had it happen to me years ago i got holiday paid and notice paid and wages owed by govermant make sure he had plenty of holidays leftalthough they do cap the hourly rate the company handling the liquidation should sort it....
  #6   IP: 95.145.151.13
Old 31-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Elect of Fifteen

you have to apply to the insolcvany people. had to do this last year, the administrators should do this for you though
  #7   IP: 87.115.138.219
Old 15-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Elect of Fifteen

finally got his money it seems the receivers had been sitting on the forms for 3 weeks before they sent them off to the government dept
When I looked at the firms creditors report a client caught the firm for 200 grand and the bank withdrew his credit leaving him bankrupt all his plant ,vans and tools was sold at auction but surprise surprise it looks like the bank will get there money and nobody else .