The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#21   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 24-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Building a shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by volbar1 View Post
Was a cancelled order, sat in yard for 4 years I came along at the right time and offered pound notes
that's the way to buy stuff .... the power of the folding beer voucher reigns supreme ..... for now anyway, 'til they manage to do away with 'em.

Apparently there's a region in one of the Scandy countries where they've 'abolished' cash .... cards, etc., only ... it's chaos when the system fails
  #22   IP: 81.53.72.131
Old 24-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
that's the way to buy stuff .... the power of the folding beer voucher reigns supreme ..... for now anyway, 'til they manage to do away with 'em.

Apparently there's a region in one of the Scandy countries where they've 'abolished' cash .... cards, etc., only ... it's chaos when the system fails
Yeah people keeping talking about it over here .... be back to the bartering days if thats the case..........
  #23   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 24-07-2017, 08:41 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Yeah people keeping talking about it over here .... be back to the bartering days if thats the case..........
that'd be some sort of retrograde step, eh !!?

a lot of governments are desperate to stamp out the cash/black economies !
UK Gov is frantically trying to clobber ebay users ... god knows how they'd ever pull that one off though
  #24   IP: 86.229.147.221
Old 25-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Master Elect of Nine

I thought they had already managed to do it here somehow with eBay but could be wrong...... havent looked for 10 years
  #25   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 25-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
I thought they had already managed to do it here somehow with eBay but could be wrong...... havent looked for 10 years
TBH I really can't see HTF they'd pull it off ??

Reckoned to be losing billions in revenue
  #26   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 25-07-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Was a cancelled order, sat in yard for 4 years I came along at the right time and offered pound notes
Quote:
I finally got planning for a 36m x 18m shed at the end of last year on a green field site, it took bloody 8 months! ..........
you got any pix of this small hangar Boyo ..... just to make us all green with shed envy

Almost as big as my old workshop ..... 18 m x 47 m
  #27   IP: 82.132.243.59
Old 28-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
you got any pix of this small hangar Boyo ..... just to make us all green with shed envy

Almost as big as my old workshop ..... 18 m x 47 m
Can't seem to be able to upload pic's, how do you down size them?
  #28   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 28-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Can't seem to be able to upload pic's, how do you down size them?
all sorts of ways .... I just let Outlook express resize for me in batches ... POP ...
Microsoft picture editor is another and there are all sorts of piccy editing prog.s that'll do it. ........
down to preference really, of which system you are au fait with
  #29   IP: 81.174.242.105
Old 28-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Provost and Judge

Aren't portable buildings outside the planning system? So get an old lorry trailer with wheels on it and just use that?
  #30   IP: 5.152.210.244
Old 28-02-2018, 12:15 PM

The trouble in this country now is that they want to hold the little man back from moving forward, frustrates the crap out of me, I agree that there needs to be some kind of regulation but common sense from the councils need to prevail, but finding that from them is like finding rocking horse shit!!