The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Classifieds

#51   IP: 31.52.88.188
Old 13-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: 1.5 ton track

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
Well found the. Bushes for the front after talking to every main dealer in parish, .then rung garage to get mot advisies, it's the back ones
So start again. Thanks everyone for your input
are the advisories not printed on the back of the ticket receipt these days ?
yer don't even get an MOT certificate any more ... just a receipt

On the up side Dylan, those rears are usually easier to do, but need doing together, to be able to move the anti roll bar up/down to fit 'em .

Bother wheels off and up on axle stands/large blocks, so the wishbones are hanging.
  #52   IP: 31.49.68.117
Old 14-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Be no wishbones on the back of it Gra, live axle....

No big deal to do, but I think I'd still price the genuine bushes, aftermarket rubber components can vary in quality! I've seen bushes and mountings perish within a year of fitting, which is pretty crap, but very difficult to tell what they are like when you buy them
  #53   IP: 31.52.88.188
Old 14-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Be no wishbones on the back of it Gra, live axle....

No big deal to do, but I think I'd still price the genuine bushes, aftermarket rubber components can vary in quality! I've seen bushes and mountings perish within a year of fitting, which is pretty crap, but very difficult to tell what they are like when you buy them
the pic that Dylan put up was the front end James so i assume it was the front he has to do....
as you say the rear is even easier and probably has drop links to the AR bar

with you on the rubber quality ... " ....... like a box of chocolates; never know what you're gonna get "
  #54   IP: 31.49.68.117
Old 14-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
the pic that Dylan put up was the front end James so i assume it was the front he has to do....
as you say the rear is even easier and probably has drop links to the AR bar

with you on the rubber quality ... " ....... like a box of chocolates; never know what you're gonna get "
I think Dylan has posted that he got it wrong, and it's the rear that had the advisory on?....unless Ive dreamt that?
  #55   IP: 31.52.88.188
Old 14-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I think Dylan has posted that he got it wrong, and it's the rear that had the advisory on?....unless Ive dreamt that?
Ah! .. I misinterpreted that to mean it wasn't the D bushes, for the bar to chassis mounts, he needed but the Top hat rubbers for the AR bar to wish bones ??? 'Praps he can enlighten us
  #56   IP: 79.75.87.81
Old 14-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Yes, sorry chaps, it's the back ones,. Looked today and there's 6 to do and you can see they are worn.
Waiting to hear from the main dealer, they were good on price when I spoke to them for the front so probably go with them, but they didn't seem to keen on sending them.