The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 81.155.5.154
Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM

Default Takeuchi tb175 wiring issues

Evening all,
Wonder if anyone can shed any light on some issues I currently seem to be having with my 175, please?
It stopped whilst working with no lights coming up on the console.
It would then fire and run for approx. a second before stopping.
On removing the stop soleniod it would pull in the plunger for this length, but not hold in any longer. The plunger popped out when the relay behind the cab clicked.
With both a test light and multimeter, there's voltage on this pull circiut, but not on the hold circiut, it appears. The bottom of the two connectors on the three pin plug, with the top seeming to be earth. Obviously l now need to trace this wire back to the cause of the problem, and i have tried removing, cpraying with contact cleaner and refitting all the plugs on the wiring loom up to the right hand arm rest(when sat in the seat).
Sorry for the long first post, but any help would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks
Webby
  #2   IP: 86.151.205.242
Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Takeuchi tb175 wiring issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberforce View Post
Evening all,
Wonder if anyone can shed any light on some issues I currently seem to be having with my 175, please?
It stopped whilst working with no lights coming up on the console.
It would then fire and run for approx. a second before stopping.
On removing the stop soleniod it would pull in the plunger for this length, but not hold in any longer. The plunger popped out when the relay behind the cab clicked.
With both a test light and multimeter, there's voltage on this pull circiut, but not on the hold circiut, it appears. The bottom of the two connectors on the three pin plug, with the top seeming to be earth. Obviously l now need to trace this wire back to the cause of the problem, and i have tried removing, cpraying with contact cleaner and refitting all the plugs on the wiring loom up to the right hand arm rest(when sat in the seat).
Sorry for the long first post, but any help would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks
Webby
Hi There, Not a lot of help maybe but they have a yanmar engine don't they! I had one once on a jetting unit that had the oil pressure switch go faulty and do the same! might be worth a look!

Il see if i have a manual to suit your machine!

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 92.12.145.222
Old 04-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

It could well be the solenoid itself. When the pull coil fully retracts the plunger do you have constant power to the hold coil ? Will the engine run and electrics return to normal if you manually secure the linkage ?
As Aiden says it could also have a faulty oil pressure switch. It Can also be a temperature sender fault or an alternator problem.
  #4   IP: 81.155.6.196
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 AM

Thanks very much for your thoughts, i suspect the soleniod may have a fault, and have a replacement on it's way. But I am slightly concerned over the lack of voltage on the hold circuit, so am trying to trace the wire back to the console to see if there are any issues with it. It would also be very handy to be able to identify the wire at the console to see if there is any voltage there.
The radiatior is full to the brim with antifreeze, and i have changed the connector as it looked like it was not in the best of health. With the soleniod removed the digger ran fine with no warning lights showing. Disconnecting the water sensor, got a light to show on the dash, putting this wire to earth removed the light again, so i am assuming this sensor to be ok.
The fact the machine stopped dead whilst in use leads me to think it's something to do with the circuitry, and ran fine with the stop removed.
Any thoughts are gratefully recieved, as are any bloody good plant mechanics in Suffolk/Cambs!
Cheers
Webby
  #5   IP: 188.30.23.84
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM

I would think it best to check the solenoid first. Can you see any numbers or manufacturers name on it .. ? I could maybe find the resistance values for you.
I also know of a firm that can supply these solenoids, I have bought them for Komatsu/Cummins and saved a fair bit.
Also the serial number of the machine would help.
I am often in cambs , Suffolk... and Norfolk. Where are you situated ?.
  #6   IP: 81.155.6.194
Old 04-03-2014, 11:25 AM

Thanks again for your reply, i have a soleniod on the way from takeuchi, not cheap but was available to me quickly.
Just slightly concerned over fitting it, incase what looks to me like a wiring problem is still present and causes any further issues!
Without being too vague, you'd find me located pretty close to where those three counties meet!
Cheers
  #7   IP: 92.40.213.103
Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Ok ... I would think fitting the solenoid, as you have now bought one, and giving it a quick try would not harm it. See how you get on. Who do you use ... Hos plant ?

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 04-03-2014 at 12:53 PM.
  #8   IP: 81.155.4.1
Old 04-03-2014, 07:32 PM

Thanks for your reply again.
Tried the new soleniod, blew a fuse on the first attempt, surprisingly the fuel pump? Didn't try again for fear of causing further expense! Tried to trace the wires some more, checked the sensors and deadman's switch all to no avail, so cut off the plunger from a dodgy soleniod and fitted that!
Ran the machine all afternoon, with seemingly no problems, certainly no warning lights showing on the console. Which has got me to a suitable place on the to have a break from it, and have booked the machine into the local autoelectrician, where I'll deliver it tomorrow.
So hopefully they'll have more luck, thanks for the help, but guessing i may be asking further questions shortly!
Parts came from Rob Owen, didn't think about Hos Plant, used to use them for Valtra parts before they became more widespread from Agco dealers.
Cheers
Webby
  #9   IP: 92.0.101.17
Old 04-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Secret Master

Not sure if you are talking about the solenoid on the fuel injection pump ? I have had a few issues with them. I have found HM Plant - the Hitachi agent - to be the best source and price. I paid less than 80 for it and was quoted 340 plus from the local Doosan stealer. The cheapo ones on ebay seem to be OK too - and are around 50.
  #10   IP: 92.12.145.222
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 PM

When you say fuel pump do you mean the injection pump or do you have an electric lift pump ? did this pump fuse blow ? Not sure what you mean.

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 05-03-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Tags
stop soleniod, takeuchi tb175, tb 175