The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#61   IP: 86.113.239.99
Old 06-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Digital tacho operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
If you go from working on trucks running digi tachos to paper do dvsa expect drivers to buy there own downloading kit ?? Or is it only every 30 days of use that it has to be downloaded ??
28 day for driver card and or carry 28 of tacho disks depending on what type you have been using that month

56 days for lorry download

If you own truck it needs to be locked to only you with a company card and you do the down loading and storing of lorrys and driver cards
  #62   IP: 148.252.128.71
Old 06-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
28 day for driver card and or carry 28 of tacho disks depending on what type you have been using that month

56 days for lorry download

If you own truck it needs to be locked to only you with a company card and you do the down loading and storing of lorrys and driver cards

I get all that but if someone was working for a company running brand new up to date trucks and leaves for a firm running a much older fleet with paper tachos the new firn wont buy the download kit the driver wont be using his card so no new information will be recorded on the card but the driver will still own the card so does the driver have to buy there own downloading equipment and plug the card in once a month or does paper tachos over ride the need or does the card only need downloading ecery 30 days it is plugged in ??

I have c+e but never driven a lorry with a digi tacho but was thinking maybe i should have a card just incase i need it but not really interested if i have to buy a download kit and remember to do it as the card may never be used
  #63   IP: 92.14.64.15
Old 06-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
I get all that but if someone was working for a company running brand new up to date trucks and leaves for a firm running a much older fleet with paper tachos the new firn wont buy the download kit the driver wont be using his card so no new information will be recorded on the card but the driver will still own the card so does the driver have to buy there own downloading equipment and plug the card in once a month or does paper tachos over ride the need or does the card only need downloading ecery 30 days it is plugged in ??

I have c+e but never driven a lorry with a digi tacho but was thinking maybe i should have a card just incase i need it but not really interested if i have to buy a download kit and remember to do it as the card may never be used
Not sure of the answer but all the trucks Iíve owned and the one I run now is paper disc but I have a digi card that I have never used I keep it with me all the time as thatís the law but as Iíve never used it Iíve also never downloaded it, been stopped a few times by Vosa (for no real reason) and never been asked if I had a card or show it

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #64   IP: 86.138.19.148
Old 06-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
If you go from working on trucks running digi tachos to paper do dvsa expect drivers to buy there own downloading kit ?? Or is it only every 30 days of use that it has to be downloaded ??
I think the technical answer is Yes, although I was told by a local firm that I could stick my tachocard in there reader to qualify every 30 days if I wanted to.

Apparently it's due to the roadside reader being able to pluck 30 days of info off the card. Obviously if the card has not been downloaded any additional information will of been overwritten and no longer exist meaning that the records would of been lost... same as burning a paper tacho.

Of course it'd be a interesting one to see in court, but I expect it'd be fined at the roadside and up to you to pursue/challenge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #65   IP: 92.14.64.15
Old 06-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Knight of the East

There only £50 to buy
https://www.novadata.co.uk/det/6255/...BoCdWIQAvD_BwE

If you can't buy it build it
  #66   IP: 86.138.19.148
Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Will that download to PC though, As I believe that's the important bit?

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #67   IP: 86.174.118.146
Old 07-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

never had mine download since the introduction of them , but then i don't bother putting it in

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid

Tags
lorry, operators licence, transport, truck