The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   IP: 86.137.1.184
Old 03-04-2018, 10:27 PM
pettsy pettsy is offline
Intimate Secretary
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 153
Default Re: pot holes

Hope they’re better repairs than the “jetpatch” ones that the council have done round here.
Reply With Quote
  #22   IP: 31.52.88.164
Old 04-04-2018, 09:54 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,764
Default Re: pot holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettsy View Post
Hope they’re better repairs than the “jetpatch” ones that the council have done round here.
what's a "jetpatch" Boyo ??
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #23   IP: 85.255.234.104
Old 04-04-2018, 12:29 PM
cps140's Avatar
cps140 cps140 is offline
Knight of the East and West
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CO TYRONE, IRELAND
Posts: 2,760
Default Re: pot holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
what's a "jetpatch" Boyo ??
A complete and utter waste of money! Its what I call the "rice crispy gun" A unit which sprays bitumen and chippings in the pot hole.

https://youtu.be/7WN8uQnE8VE

They simply don't work there is no compaction used and they normally get washed out before they set. I have never seen one used successfully around here.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #24   IP: 31.52.88.164
Old 04-04-2018, 03:04 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,764
Default Re: pot holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
A complete and utter waste of money! Its what I call the "rice crispy gun" A unit which sprays bitumen and chippings in the pot hole.

https://youtu.be/7WN8uQnE8VE

They simply don't work there is no compaction used and they normally get washed out before they set. I have never seen one used successfully around here.
bit like an automated council worker then .. but without the shovel
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #25   IP: 94.195.17.197
Old 04-04-2018, 06:15 PM
topkit topkit is offline
Secret Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kent
Posts: 99
Default Re: pot holes

Yep seen a Jet Patch in action here in Kent, like you say a total waste of time and our money. It was being used by a contract company on a Sunday so you can bet your bottom dollar the council paid through the nose for that utter waste of time & money. Mind you when the boss of Kent County Council is paid more than the the counries PM i am not suprised really.
Reply With Quote
  #26   IP: 31.52.88.164
Old 04-04-2018, 11:58 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,764
Default Re: pot holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
Yep seen a Jet Patch in action here in Kent, like you say a total waste of time and our money. It was being used by a contract company on a Sunday so you can bet your bottom dollar the council paid through the nose for that utter waste of time & money. Mind you when the boss of Kent County Council is paid more than the the counries PM i am not suprised really.
this is a thread all unto itself

since when did we all need to be paying these tossers such obscenely large amounts ..... for doing **** all
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #27   IP: 151.225.143.149
Old 05-04-2018, 06:52 PM
mart1602 mart1602 is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pembrokeshire
Posts: 768
Default Re: pot holes

kents a big place pembrokeshire cc head man gets more than the pm too
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.