The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1631   IP: 86.142.82.82
Old 25-02-2015, 12:35 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Couple of hours on the roller this morning, between deluges, saw this flattened down a tad, before yet more wall papering duties - what else do yer do when it's persisting down? (an' yer ain't gorra shed to retreat to)!!

Couple of low spots could benefit from a barrow full spread about, here an' there, but not too bad on the whole.
Could do with a much heavier roller though, I think.

Watch this space ....................

Last edited by V8Druid; 25-02-2015 at 12:56 AM.
  #1632   IP: 86.142.82.82
Old 25-02-2015, 12:55 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

said papering job

She won't tell me how much a roll it was , but it does look nice - bitch to hang though!!
  #1633   IP: 194.66.0.174
Old 25-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Nice paperwork - think I'd almost rather be doing yet more of the A4 sized paperwork than that stuff!

On the topic of rollers I was wondering what type are most effective as would quite like one to do our stone tracks and yard.
Thinking of the following options:
1. Old style non-vibrating 15-20ton job, with the twin rear rolls and single front
2. Tractor towed self powered vibrating roller
3. Hire one for a day every few years, although being tight this may not happen!

Wonder how the effectivness and costs compare?
  #1634   IP: 86.142.82.82
Old 25-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longstroke View Post
Nice paperwork - think I'd almost rather be doing yet more of the A4 sized paperwork than that stuff!
Thanks Boyo, third time I've had a go at it! I'm not the keenest on it either - Like you, I'm doing it with an engineers eye for flat/true/upright/etc.. Builders don't seem to have any ability to achieve any of those attributes

I measure, cut, fit & hang it - Pam pastes it and smooths it out - needs a lighter touch ................ Apparently !!!!

Quote:
On the topic of rollers I was wondering what type are most effective as would quite like one to do our stone tracks and yard.
Thinking of the following options:
1. Old style non-vibrating 15-20ton job, with the twin rear rolls and single front
2. Tractor towed self powered vibrating roller
3. Hire one for a day every few years, although being tight this may not happen!

Wonder how the effectivness and costs compare?
Roller wise Luke - the biggest bugger you can practicably handle/use. My little 1/2 tonner is alright, but just doesn't put it down hard enough.
Put the 'Drema over it, with 2 tonnes per tyre and it marks it. Significantly!!

Am considering hiring something with a lot more umph, once I've got it somewhere near where I want it. Had a big ride on when I did my yard, in work, years ago and that really packed it down!! They're big bucks to acquire though!!

(Kept Pam busy for an hour or three on a Saturday!!)

I do have a.n.other idea too, for a 'further' attachment, but as with everything it takes time and the roadway was in such a mess, I had to do something with it PDQ

It's just had another hour's rolling and has gone down about 1/2" a pass - again!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 25-02-2015 at 01:40 PM.
  #1635   IP: 194.66.0.174
Old 25-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Blimey - at that rate of compaction you'll end with something approaching the Nurburgring!
  #1636   IP: 86.142.82.82
Old 25-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Blimey - at that rate of compaction you'll end with something approaching the Nurburgring!
It's quite remarkable just how much it'll go down - 'bout the thickness of the drum and real easy to see where you've just been.
It is however all very wet as it pee-ed down again last night and IIRC Lefty said putting 'em down wet is good for 'getting 'em down' - Certainly the more they compact, hopefully the smaller the tracks the 'Drema'll leave, when she gets driven over 'em!!
Plus, I want another load or two in, so that'll squash 'em down if the 'Drema don't
  #1637   IP: 81.153.77.84
Old 26-02-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotplant View Post
No grab just yet. Getting up dates from Frank, it's on it's way though. Will be needing a grab soon ..........(
Any news on the grab John??
  #1638   IP: 81.158.36.104
Old 26-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Any news on the grab John??
No news just yet. Should be on it's way from the factory to Norway this week.

John
  #1639   IP: 81.158.17.157
Old 27-02-2015, 08:39 PM

Having searched high and low for a bit of 3mm plate, the only piece I've been able to find was 'otherwise engaged' - at least it was until today!!
Robbed the flame guard off the back of my gas forge - I'll make it a 4mm one!

So - some progress today in between trying to fit the wrong exhaust to the disco - that's another story!!

The hole in the centre was courtesy of another Ying tong 60mm cutter, which arrived earlier in the week and a nice hole it produced too !

Plenty of careful setting out, a bit of time later and hey presto .....

it's where I want it to be.

Last edited by V8Druid; 28-02-2015 at 12:21 AM.
  #1640   IP: 81.158.17.157
Old 27-02-2015, 08:55 PM

Just ordered some S/steel socket head button screws to replace the hex heads with as they're a bit 'lumpy' and I gotta get some plumbing in there too, on banjos ideally, keep it all flat as possible

This side's not so bad as it'll be straight forward adapters and cones, with a bit more room to play with, in the 'bowels' of the mid section with the Cetops.

Coat of paint and this bit's done - almost, apart from some holes in the side cheeks for some bulkhead fittings to transfer some fluids outboard, from the Roemheld to a pair of accessory Q/Cs!!
I'll have to wait for them to arrive though! Local guys ain't got any long ones!!!!

Next up's a Druidfab Quickie to replace the cheek plates, but at least it's usable as is and i think once piped it'll be oil-able - at last!!!!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-02-2015 at 09:00 PM.