The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6611   IP: 95.147.72.120
Old 30-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

They use Donkeys to Tame Bulls, The Donkey is always the Boss,
They even Halter Train Bulls by tieing them to donkey.
We Had a Shetland pony in a Paddock with some sheep, it would catch them by the Tail, the little Bastard didn't last long.
  #6612   IP: 86.150.48.162
Old 30-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
They use Donkeys to Tame Bulls, The Donkey is always the Boss,
They even Halter Train Bulls by tieing them to donkey.
We Had a Shetland pony in a Paddock with some sheep, it would catch them by the Tail, the little Bastard didn't last long.
Wow !!

I am certain that had we not arrived when we did and intervened, yon duck'd have lost its head ...... Henry was ragging the **** out of the duck .... shaking it like a wet rag.

Doubt the ducks'll venture in the field again in a hurry

Last edited by V8Druid; 31-05-2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
  #6613   IP: 86.150.48.162
Old 31-05-2018, 12:05 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

oh and also forgot this I tripped over earlier .......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Diese...4AAOSw945bDmb2

He must be pissed if he thinks anyone in their right mind is going to pay more than derv prices for red

" Red Diesel 20L - £34.00 - collection only "

Seen it all now
  #6614   IP: 86.150.48.162
Old 31-05-2018, 10:27 PM

been back to see the 1.5t Ovlov this evening, having had a lot of thoughts about the issues it's displaying and discussions with a few folk.

Having reached the conclusion, in my mind that, the pump was just not able to dump to tank and was therefore stalling the motor, due to not being able to blow the MRV, I went back for a.n.other shufty.

MRV locknut was 'loose' ... running it was still producing 140bar max but stalling the motor if held against a dead end ....
so backed the MRV out gently, until it just started to dump and stopped stalling. Clock reading a gnats under the 140 bar.
locked the MRV off and gave it a try.

tracks great, operates great, will pick itself off the deck with no issues, with the blade, boom and/or both together. in a word, appears to perform as it should.

The 140 bar although lower than should be is obviously all the pump can muster .... probably a tad tired ..... but it can now dump to tank, instead of trying to force oil against a brick wall at end of strokes, etc.

Johns gonna give it some work over the weekend and see how it performs, ... but it's looking favorable ...... let's hope it's sorted
  #6615   IP: 5.67.191.89
Old 01-06-2018, 12:18 AM
Sublime Master Elected

i got 7 donkeys most are very placid but one of them would kill the dogs if she could catch them,they rear up and try to stamp on them its a defence thats in their dna good to keep foxes away . heared about the bull training ,small calf maybe they tie them together and the calf has to follow coz the donks stubbourn as fuck to halter train them never seen it done though been asked to lend mine though
  #6616   IP: 86.150.48.162
Old 01-06-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
i got 7 donkeys most are very placid but one of them would kill the dogs if she could catch them,they rear up and try to stamp on them its a defence thats in their dna good to keep foxes away . heared about the bull training ,small calf maybe they tie them together and the calf has to follow coz the donks stubbourn as fuck to halter train them never seen it done though been asked to lend mine though
Henry is normally as tame as a lamb, but said duck must've pee-ed him off

'Twas one lucky duck, that we happened along ..... he'd have been a corpse, with much more of the treatment he was getting
  #6617   IP: 86.139.38.240
Old 01-06-2018, 10:43 AM

went to log in this morning and got this .....

...... thought Oh ohh ...... it's happened !! it's been and gone and crashed ....... but I'm here so ...... seems not !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oh ohh !!.jpg (87.5 KB, 88 views)
  #6618   IP: 86.146.191.11
Old 02-06-2018, 01:09 AM

been a bits and bobs day .... lots of lil' things needed catching up on .... as it's been relatively dry, despite the forecast of downpours .... it hasn't ... much !!

Yon genny was hard wired into the mains, with changeovers, etc. built into its system. One of these is telemetric control, via a modem, fitted into the LARGE box of lectrikery.
Anyway, said modem is live 24/7 and without being hard wired, it relies solely on its battery to run the modem and it's associated circuitry.
With it hard wired it has a battery charger built in to maintain the battery at peak condition ....

and thus run the modem.

so .... battery leads off, unless I want to run it ATM ... bit of a faff, so stuck an isolator on the neg side this afternoon ..... will suffice for now and allows quick, easy isolation of yon modem and battery .

would've preferred a bit of brass or copper for the link and sure I have some of each here .... somewhere .... Damned if I can recall where though

I'll have a look and see if said modem can't be removed from the circuitry ....
I'm never going to have need of it and maybe consider running a stand alone, flying lead to the charger, to keep the ol' battery topped up ...
it's on a std 3 way chassis plug / socket connection, so can be easily removed from the circuitry too, for an alternative power source to the previous hard wired supply.

Also be trying to suss where/how to locate some outlets from it, ideally without using flying/trailing sockets ..... not easy!! May well end up having to go with flyers !!

was also going to weigh the beast and re-orientate it, but .......

..... then I got rained on ..... big time !!!!!!!!!!!
Job for tomorrow.

Last edited by V8Druid; 02-06-2018 at 01:26 AM.
  #6619   IP: 95.147.72.82
Old 02-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
No Fully grown Charlais bulls(1000-1500kg), They'll have a pen of Bulls in with a Donkey to sort them out.
  #6620   IP: 86.144.143.195
Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
No Fully grown Charlais bulls(1000-1500kg), They'll have a pen of Bulls in with a Donkey to sort them out.
donkeys must be tough lil' b'astards then
Pam's elderly farmer cuzs said they'd seen a donkey (and a horse) kill a sheep!! .....
wait for it to settle then rear up and come down on its head ... stone cold, outright on the spot