The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6631   IP: 86.145.19.90
Old 13-06-2018, 01:08 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

not had a great deal to report, of late, due to having seen a great deal of this lil' lady, recently .....

which leaves little time for much else!
Have managed to turn the most recent delivery into a large pile again,

...between everything else ....

and yes .... that's 'the boss' in overalls !!!!
think I'd rather be on the strimmer, than the clear up....

It all needs constant attention and no-one else seems up for it !!!!
  #6632   IP: 86.145.19.90
Old 13-06-2018, 01:21 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

also had a few hours, here and there to get started on some outlet installation ..

the cable glands on the tops are purely temporary, to keep the moisture out, 'til I can get to town for some blanking caps.
connections are all internal, into the backs .... when I get a few more spare minutes to get some 'lectrical spaghetti between them and the bus bars in the cabinet
  #6633   IP: 213.205.241.204
Old 13-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Perfect Master

Surprised you’ve not nailed a flail onto your Hydrema - that job would be fun then!

And clear up with one of these -

https://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Produc...60/BR-700.aspx

Wear your heaviest shoes though, or who knows where you will end up!...
  #6634   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 13-06-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Surprised you’ve not nailed a flail onto your Hydrema - that job would be fun then!

And clear up with one of these -

https://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Produc...60/BR-700.aspx

Wear your heaviest shoes though, or who knows where you will end up!...
LOL ..... the bank is such an awkward shape and not really wide enough for anything but a small flail .... I have acquired one .. which'd do for the bigger areas we have, but that drive side is just a bitch - all shapes

the flatter side is in need of a grading bucket up it - get it flat, back down to the road surface level and devoid of ant hills .... could put the Dane up it then
Will have to have a word with the guys who own the drive ... see if I can square it up some!! Make life a whole lot easier then

As for the clearing up ...... got a hand held Husqy wind machine, which makes it an easier proposition than it used to be ... dunno why I didn't get one sooner TBH

Just a bit of a drag doing it .... no one else seems to be arsed .... even when the growth is brushing the sides of the car
  #6635   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 14-06-2018, 12:04 AM

been keeping an eye on these three and meaning to do this for a while ...... before we have another Plantohyd fountain to contend with.
So ripped off the three original hoses and headed for Raglan, yesterday afternoon ....
came back with these ..

the crowd hose on t'other side's decent and recent .... this side was on borrowed time

took some wrestling back on and into the exact alignment I wanted, together with the 'rotate/aux' line, which was a lot easier --- straighter and smaller!!

also took the opportunity whilst I was 'well oiled' to slack off a few others and tweak them all into a better aligment, instead of going sideways when she's stretched out, they now all sit a lot more neatly .....

will be nice not to worry about stressing these hoses, for fear of them spilling their guts everywhere. .... or dropping whatever is on me forks !!!!

Dropped Clara, mummy and granny at the garden centre, en route, before spending an hour with the lads in Raglan, sorting these out .... never seen them sooooo busy. Been like it for two months apparently.

Bit of a chat with Leigh the owner whilst I waited for someone to put these together ... tells me that Fuchs have stopped doing Plantohyd, by the barrel ... 25s only now ... he also gave me some spec sheets for a Morris's equivalent oil which very slightly exceeds the Fuchs' spec -- just.
Morris's tech director assures us that it is permissible to mix the two and I have it in writing, by email.
Leigh also said that it's no wonder it's such a dear oil .... it's the best spec. there is in Bio-oil...now't better. Known Leigh a long time and trust his info. - - it's his game !!
  #6636   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 14-06-2018, 12:43 AM

it's been a 'strange' sort of week so far .... My oldest and one of my closest friends was killed Sunday morning, attempting/practicing an emergency landing, near to his gliding club, along with a friend of his, in the club's powered glider.
No one knows who was at the controls, and we may never know ??
News was a bit of a shock Sunday night and my heart just hasn't been in much this week. We've been friends since we started school together, 56 years ago and sort of instantly bonded !!

Never imagined having to go see his wife, in this sort of circumstance .... there are no words you can offer, of any real meaning He was such a nice bloke

I've left it a couple of days, as she had enough to contend with, with plod, air crash investigators and all of her family, but was glad to see me, this afters.

so,as I say not done a great deal these last couple of days ... aside from the usual Clara care, me hoses, which needed doing and kept me 'occupied' and I spent a few hours this morning filling Alex's crates and a.n.other/the last of me vented bags, with yon pile.

enough left for another crate, which Alex has said he has for me .... then I think we have enough for a winter or three !! ....... plus there's a large oak yet to come down and be dealt with !!

Last edited by V8Druid; 14-06-2018 at 01:04 AM.
  #6637   IP: 206.45.234.180
Old 14-06-2018, 01:24 AM
Knight of the East and West

Sorry for your loss Graham that's a shitty thing to have happen. Hope you feel better soon. Been busy as f#$CK over here and the reason why I haven't posted much take care.
  #6638   IP: 86.132.145.87
Old 14-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Knight of the East and West

Sorry to hear your sad news Gra

Things like that are a stark reminder that we just don’t know what’s going to happen next....
  #6639   IP: 31.50.134.33
Old 14-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Intendant of the Building

Sorry to hear your news
  #6640   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 15-06-2018, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattromike View Post
Sorry to hear your news
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
Sorry for your loss Graham that's a shitty thing to have happen. ...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Sorry to hear your sad news Gra

Things like that are a stark reminder that we just don’t know what’s going to happen next....

stark indeed James .... struggling to get my head around never seeing the ol' bugger again .... can't recall a time when we weren't good friends;... been so long

Spent the evening, after Clara went, sat wiring the sockets on the genny and contemplating mortality, times gone by, etc. .... got beaten by the light - - just ... takes time to get 3 ph. wiring right .... and need to keep the mind occupied .... some pix tomorrow -- after I've double checked it !!

and thank you guys for your words of support, etc. ..... I am not 'in' the greatest of places at the moment