The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#11   IP: 84.13.240.109
Old 11-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: Building a shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
very interesting info Rich .... you sure about the size though .... tha's a hell of a building 5000 sq. ft. .... could park a few implements/traccies in a 100 x 50ft shed
I'd understood it to be 1800 sq. ft. ?? .... hence my target size of 40' x 45' (initially)

Straight off the document here for our local Council, its a shade under a 90ft x 60ft.....but you could put it up the last bay and get retrospective planning.

It could be that different areas have their own rules......and if you're in a National park I understand its an utter nightmare to do

If there's any land agents around you who deal more with the ag side of things then it might be worth having a chat with them.

Last edited by Richard; 11-07-2017 at 01:02 PM.
  #12   IP: 31.50.50.4
Old 11-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Straight off the document here for our local Council, its a shade under a 90ft x 60ft.....but you could put it up the last bay and get retrospective planning.

It could be that different areas have their own rules......and if you're in a National park I understand its an utter nightmare to do

If there's any land agents around you who deal more with the ag side of things then it might be worth having a chat with them.
Oh yes ....... thankfully we're just outside it here ... we can look at it across the valley ..... but then they too have a view from the NP which can also have knock ons
  #13   IP: 84.13.240.109
Old 11-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Grand Master Architect

these are the two critical bits out of the application form......also you need a few maps.

appl 2.jpg

appl 3.jpg
  #14   IP: 31.50.50.4
Old 11-07-2017, 03:03 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejcb View Post
I'm desperate to build a shed to put all my work gear in and keep it away from home.. I've plenty of farm land but what's the chance of building a random shed in the corner of one of the fields? most of my kit as some point is required for maintaining the land, even tho it's rented out to local farmers and not farmed by myself. Anyone done similar?
this looks useful Dave

http://www.fwi.co.uk/business/farm-b...ent-rights.htm
  #15   IP: 213.205.252.40
Old 16-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Ideal that Druid ! Field I've earmarked is about 7 acers and away from everything except a large nursery(glass houses) will create a new access which is off a side lane and not the main A road.. quite fancy making some over priced organic horse bales so Should support my cause!
  #16   IP: 109.157.1.8
Old 23-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Secret Master

I finally got planning for a 36m x 18m shed at the end of last year on a green field site, it took bloody 8 months! The field was next to a c road with no entrance so first of all I spoke with the council as to whether planning consent is required for an entrance, no but highways aproval was, so got that sorted first. Couldn't do the work myself as not licenced to work on the highways cough, cough!
The planning app was for a live stock shed with separate storage for machinery and feed store with about 250m of track from entrance. Had to submit plans for location of barn to scale, prove that the size of the machinery store was not excessive by sending a scaled plan of the size and type of machinery in the space available, a splayed path turning plan for vehicles in the entrance as said would get lgv deliveries. The biggest problem I had was proving the size of the live stock area of the shed wasn't excessive compared to the acreage I have.
The Parish couciler was fine even though she could see the shed from her property, only complaint was from a neighbour whose argument was that the shed was not 400m from his property (only 180m) but that doesn't come into it with full planning only on 28 day.
  #17   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 23-07-2017, 08:21 PM

tha's quite a shed there Volbar ..... wouldn't want the bill for putting that up
  #18   IP: 109.157.1.8
Old 23-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Secret Master

Quote:
tha's quite a shed there Volbar ..... wouldn't want the bill for putting that up
Put it up myself over Christmas, her indoors went mad😀
  #19   IP: 31.52.94.221
Old 23-07-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volbar1 View Post
Put it up myself over Christmas, her indoors went mad😀
my kinda Christmas ..... s/hand unit was it?
  #20   IP: 109.157.1.8
Old 24-07-2017, 04:58 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
my kinda Christmas .... s/hand unit was it?
Was a cancelled order, sat in yard for 4 years I came along at the right time and offered pound notes