The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#11   IP: 83.197.102.226
Old 20-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: Variety is the Spice of Life

Bloke I used to work with was asked to bury the pet rabbit - but he just wanged it over the wall into the field - next morning sat having breakfast with kids to see dog eating it on the lawn

Maybe 10 years ago I was asked to dig a hole for local council - dig a decent size hole and we will ring you when its to backfill? when I went back it appeared to have been a stray dog roundup operation
  #12   IP: 31.51.59.42
Old 21-03-2018, 12:38 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Dug a large-ish hole, for one of the neighbour's pet sheep, a few years back with Jake ..... 'twere A BIG sheep too

Been half expecting a few more recently .... They'm all getting well long in the tooth now and they've got over a dozen of 'em
  #13   IP: 82.132.186.178
Old 21-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwilli View Post
Dug a hamster grave before. No machine nessecary!
My grandson did one last year for his pet goldfish
Had to show him how to hand dig a nice hole
  #14   IP: 82.132.186.178
Old 21-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Bloke I used to work with was asked to bury the pet rabbit - but he just wanged it over the wall into the field - next morning sat having breakfast with kids to see dog eating it on the lawn

Maybe 10 years ago I was asked to dig a hole for local council - dig a decent size hole and we will ring you when its to backfill? when I went back it appeared to have been a stray dog roundup operation
Ha ha
A few years ago I went off to work having shot a rat which crawled off to die
Later that day it crawled across the lawn with its guts hanging out....
....as my wife was having tea on the lawn with the ladies
She finished it off with the 410
The ladies have a new respect for SWMBO
  #15   IP: 82.132.186.178
Old 21-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Dug a large-ish hole, for one of the neighbour's pet sheep, a few years back with Jake ..... 'twere A BIG sheep too

Been half expecting a few more recently .... They'm all getting well long in the tooth now and they've got over a dozen of 'em
Yep itís a fact of country life
A few years ago helped a neighbour bury his sheep after a dog savaged it
Before I had the mini so had to hand ball it
  #16   IP: 87.114.157.62
Old 21-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoffcruddle View Post
Isn't there loads of red tape regarding burying people willy nilly?
Subject to Environment Agency approval you can be buried in your own garden or land but it won't do much good for the value of the house when you come to sell it. A local man was buried in one of his fields only a couple of years ago.

On a lighter note, when I was a pre-college student on a farm the shepherd and his mate used to chuckle about my predecessor who when sent to a remote field to bury a sheep, lifted the turves, laid the sheep in a shallow grave and replaced the turves over it leaving a pronounced hump. When asked why he hadn't done the job properly he apparently told them that it was a Texan burial. Been watching too many Westerns?
  #17   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 21-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Intimate Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
Subject to Environment Agency approval you can be buried in your own garden or land but it won't do much good for the value of the house when you come to sell it. A local man was buried in one of his fields only a couple of years ago.

On a lighter note, when I was a pre-college student on a farm the shepherd and his mate used to chuckle about my predecessor who when sent to a remote field to bury a sheep, lifted the turves, laid the sheep in a shallow grave and replaced the turves over it leaving a pronounced hump. When asked why he hadn't done the job properly he apparently told them that it was a Texan burial. Been watching too many Westerns?
One of my neighbours intends to be buried in his garden to devalue his house he's obsessed about avoiding inheritance tax.
  #18   IP: 31.51.59.42
Old 22-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Subject to Environment Agency approval ........chuckle about my predecessor who when sent to a remote field to bury a sheep, lifted the turves, laid the sheep in a shallow grave and replaced the turves over it leaving a pronounced hump. When asked why he hadn't done the job properly he apparently told them that it was a Texan burial. Been watching too many Westerns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoffcruddle View Post
One of my neighbours intends to be buried in his garden to devalue his house he's obsessed about avoiding inheritance tax.
LOL .... can imagine that eh
  #19   IP: 82.132.237.89
Old 22-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Secret Master

So there IS a gap in the market
Looks like Iíll have to get smarter overalls
Grandson can help make some little crosses....

Yes I am going to avoid IH ...
...give it away to family while I still have at least 7 years left in the old body
  #20   IP: 188.30.114.218
Old 22-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:

I think he meant a texel burial....