The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Situations Vacant / Post your CV

#31   IP: 213.205.194.153
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Operators.

No Brian that would have been an official offence
  #32   IP: 86.137.132.47
Old 09-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Knight of the East

Think I would of had my arse kicked till my nose bleed....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #33   IP: 31.52.88.229
Old 09-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
...........I regularly see lads asking, will you take a red card, only just passed my test, nobody wants me, ffs. Park the violin and get your arse out there. Oh, sorry its too far, ffs,

If your serious about a job enquiry, pick up the bloody phone and have a chat.
May well be that after a chat and agreement to a meet with a trial on a machine that both parties can come to an agreement that suits both.

Half the time the enquirer wont bother turning up because they cannot be arsed or its too far or too many hours or traffic was bad or dog was sick ffs.
Can understand what you're saying Rob ... in my case the old 'bod' just would'nt tolerate it!!

In better times (health-wise)/'my younger days', would think now't of being in a cab at 4 am, en route to a site 3 hours away for a 7 o'clock start ... do a day and then haul her the 3 hrs home again. ........... as you rightly say ..... very few will get off their arses and get out there .... too busy complaining about why they can't !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Very often the case that folk cannot see past the p/hr figure.

Having use of a company vehicle is worth several thousand pounds a year in running costs alone ......
and relieves you of a huge amount of grief, heartache and cost too !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorcx130 View Post
I put in a few shifts for Tim a few years ago, would recommend it, you certainly will learn how to do things correctly, and it was a major factor in me getting the job I now have and possibly why I still have it

As for rates I've always believed you make your agreement and that's it, no interest in what everyone else gets once you're happy with it why bother with what everyone else gets or what they tell you they get!!
Hell of an endorsement there Boyo ... Have to say that, everyone who has any involvement with our 'Oracle', always, to a man, speaks very highly of him and I've certainly cause to thank him of late, for his knowledge and input, for sure.

Wish he really was a tad (lot) closer .... travelling about does not agree with me, (or the body at least), anymore, unfortunately ..... sounds to be a great place to learn.

As for money .... totally agree ..... never discussed it with co-workers, as have seen the resentment, animosity even, it can generate between folk.

Last edited by V8Druid; 10-10-2016 at 12:43 AM.
  #34   IP: 88.109.129.63
Old 10-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Ok mention a 31s and you get pics its member guest working on his country estate with komatsu d31s-18
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiles 002.jpg (103.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 31s 001.jpg (106.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 31s 011.jpg (102.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 31s 012.jpg (103.9 KB, 44 views)
  #35   IP: 109.151.43.5
Old 10-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Elect of Fifteen

That's a beaut. Never operated the loader version, but operated a D31 blade for Phelans. I think they were half a tonne heavier than the D3 but pushed like a lot more machine. The blade had a bit more angle as well, not that that makes a lot of difference doing anything but snow ploughing.