The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Situations Vacant / Post your CV

#1   IP: 213.78.124.22
Old 17-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Perfect Master

Default Ambassador required

That made you look

Seriously though, we are looking for someone to join our team here in Tewkesbury to spread our love for tiltrotators. It's a full-time, office based role and involves calling owner-operators and explaining the benefits of owning a tilty. We think it is important that the person doing this job not only believes passionately in the concept, but can 'talk digger'. For this reason we would be interested in hearing from anyone who has some decent stick time, 'gets' the tilty concept and might like to come over to the dark side.....

To keep it transparent and allow us to carry on with our day jobs, we've an independent recruitment consultant who's handling all inquiries (so no calls to our office, please).

The link's here

http://engcon.com/en/work-with-us.html

We appreciate this won't appeal to everyone for lots of reasons and if it's not for you, thanks for looking. If you do know of someone who could fit the bill, please pass it on.

Robert
  #2   IP: 81.178.208.22
Old 17-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Ambassador required

I nominate Roy ha ha

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 151.224.31.166
Old 17-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Grand Master Architect

have your tried eddie... lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #4   IP: 86.165.39.61
Old 17-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
I nominate Roy ha ha
I'd sell them, they should practically sell themselves providing you are selling them to the right people... I could talk to a brick wall all day and not sell anything to it however. Price is the biggest factor as for someone like myself and many others the cost of a tilty and buckets is nowhere compensated by it's ability. Quite why the manufacturers aren't pushing S Type Hitches down our throats makes me wonder... Sell the S type and Buckets first and then attack the tilty market. Converting over to S Type is almost as expensive as the tilty it'self if you run a set of attachments like most owner operators do. I have 8 attachments and another 3 on the way. At a minimum of 500 a bucket that's 4k for my current set of buckets. Minimum, More likely 7k+..

Main thing with sales IMHO is not to be a gobshite that does other manufacturers down. Nothing is more off-putting than a salesman slagging everyone else's product off without actually knowing the in's and out's of your own equipment.

I am a Closet tilty worshipper.... but I also have to be a businessman and 11k would buy a lot of kit that'd earn more money with a shorter payback and more versatility..... In the wise words of the wise old owl... Don't believe the Hype.

I am pleased Engcon UK are on here engaging... Positive steps.

On another note if you lot could stop suggesting I apply for jobs that'd be great... I'm enjoying being unemployable I er mean Freelance.... My consultancy fee is only a paid meal for each good Idea I provide.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."

Last edited by JD450A; 17-02-2017 at 09:45 PM.
  #5   IP: 178.97.190.251
Old 18-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
have your tried eddie... lol
Not for me thanks, I'm unemployable, HR would melt down in a week!

Just a something they may wish to ponder though? I and a few others now have spoken to a large number of people over Tiltys in general, and apart from an initial call at generally 10.00am or 1.00pm that I ask people to call, then the bulk of the talking is done in week nights, and any visits generally Saturday morning with a bit of breakfast to break the ice.

Not knocking in any way, just is sticking someone behind a desk on daytime calls that most of the time to working lads can be slightly annoying at times be the best approach here?

I still say more effort should be put into some proper demo days that includes bringing along a few existing owners and their setups to bulk things up and add a wide variety of skills/experiences to share.
It needs to be a lot more informal than the whole CTA thing.

Missing opportunities like the APF show was just ridiculous, as the other brands were happily mopping up sales.

Eddie.
  #6   IP: 86.165.39.61
Old 18-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Knight of the East

Quite why theres not a Demo Machine touring the country.... No one would say no to a couple days free hire!

#7   IP: 95.150.140.67
Old 18-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Quite why theres not a Demo Machine touring the country.... No one would say no to a couple days free hire!
You're not wrong on that score either, and it would soon enough gain a few people wanting to purchase it, whilst another unit was sourced.
Keep them updated and from different manufacturers, rather than all from JCB and back into their dealer.

Most are past needing their hand holding, they want a decent price, a good install and knowledge that they are in safe future hands should they need backup whenever required.
What they don't want is poorly specified units from people who've never used this kit, fitted by anyone who's got a corner of a workshop spare, and backup from somewhere that thinks the working week is Monday to Friday 9 to 5.

I said to someone that Engcon can never get over the fact that some of us got into the sweetie tin before the lid got slammed shut on it!
They hate us for it and wish we would all just disappear. However we had our fix and want more, so simply go tripping off to the Scottish candy store whenever funds allow, as you get unlimited choice there!

Eddie
  #8   IP: 86.165.39.61
Old 18-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Most are past needing their hand holding, they want a decent price, a good install and knowledge that they are in safe future hands should they need backup whenever required.
What they don't want is poorly specified units from people who've never used this kit, fitted by anyone who's got a corner of a workshop spare, and backup from somewhere that thinks the working week is Monday to Friday 9 to 5.
Thing is those that will buy them do not need to be told about them, they all ready know the benefits and pitfalls and all there after is them to become cost effective.

A Ex Caterpillar manager once told me "the Dealer sells the first machine, The Backup Sells the rest"... Not a truer word spoken... same with Buckets, Hitches, Etc.

Sell the low value items. Bucket set and Hitch... Engcons Stuff is competitive if your after quality and it provides an entry point to sell a system! Particularly if the backup is on par!

Last edited by JD450A; 18-02-2017 at 05:27 PM.
  #9   IP: 5.81.10.170
Old 18-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Being self employed you often think 'it's gotta be easier working for someone else' then after 5 seconds of madness you actually realise that no bugger could actually employ me! Not on a salary basis anyhow. Never worked for anyone other than my dad in my early teens.. He soon got rid of me on my merry way
  #10   IP: 86.187.160.164
Old 19-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Grand Master Architect

Ambassador required? Does this involve being 'spoiled' with Ferrero Rocher?