The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#11   IP: 90.252.42.42
Old 20-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Provost and Judge

Default Re: kubota ignition switch problems

Everything can be bypassed, its just the time it takes to do it. Kubotas system is good and to be honest I'd like to see it on more manufactures machines. Anything we can do to help reduce theft is good in my opinion.

If the red key is accepted then it could well be your black keys that have gone faulty. Try buying a new one and programming it to your machine. I've had this before with the JCB system which is similar. One day the system just decided it didn't like the old key. New Kubota keys are £16 on ebay, got to be worth a try.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 86.138.19.252
Old 20-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
What would Tim have to say, eh ??!!!!!
I'd like to think that he would be suitably Irate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" "It's not just for money alone that one spends a lifetime building up a business…. It's to preserve a way of life that one knew and loved. No, I can't see my way to selling out to the new vested interests, Mr. Jorkin. I'll have to be loyal to the old ways and die out with them if needs must" - Mr Fezziewig, 1721 - Fuck knows dickens never told me.
  #13   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 20-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack101 View Post
kubota say that the hydraulic and fuel pumps are immobilised by the anto theft system and the starter motor.

probably has an effect on the computer dash as well

do you think an auto electrician would be able to by pass everything?

kubota seem confident that their system cant be by passed

i wouldnt buy a kubota again based on this experience
Not really familiar with the Kubs ..... but there are the same basic mechanical components as every other m/c on the planet.

Hyd immobilisation can only be solenoid valves ... starter, etc. circuit can only be solenoids/relays, etc..
There're all sorts of 'sneaky' things one can do to make something immobile/unusable, with a bit of thought and care

It would in theory be feasible to rip out all the OE wiring and make it 'Bobby basic'..... Battery - switch(es) - wires - starter/lights/wipers/heater blower/etc. .......
Might not be as fancy as it came out the factory, but it would dig holes, etc.
Canbus would be a bit of an issue --- if there was any on it .... but wires and switches will do the job, with the exception of any proportional circuits electrically controlled
They'd be a whole other can of worms
  #14   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 20-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I'd like to think that he would be suitably Irate
Oh yes!! ...... you naughty boy
  #15   IP: 86.188.48.79
Old 20-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Secret Master

I didn't know that I thought the point of immobilizer was that if the correct key was not used then the pump would not allow fuel through & this is controlled with a digital signal from key to pump so you can't just run 12v to fuel shutoff solenoid & bridge across starter solenoid.
  #16   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 20-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.F. View Post
I didn't know that I thought the point of immobilizer was that if the correct key was not used then the pump would not allow fuel through & this is controlled with a digital signal from key to pump so you can't just run 12v to fuel shutoff solenoid & bridge across starter solenoid.
The coded bit in the pump is just a solenoid. Take it out and replace with standard solenoid. Not a five minute job however.

Anything can be bypassed.
  #17   IP: 2.219.132.130
Old 20-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Intimate Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Everything can be bypassed, its just the time it takes to do it. Kubotas system is good and to be honest I'd like to see it on more manufactures machines. Anything we can do to help reduce theft is good in my opinion.

If the red key is accepted then it could well be your black keys that have gone faulty. Try buying a new one and programming it to your machine. I've had this before with the JCB system which is similar. One day the system just decided it didn't like the old key. New Kubota keys are £16 on ebay, got to be worth a try.
Thanks for the reply - I think that my problem is that the red key is NOT being accepted by the machine. if it was, i think it would allow me to to program a black key.
  #18   IP: 2.98.72.16
Old 20-12-2017, 05:53 PM

Had problems with my old kx36-3, Kubota wanted £1000, got hold of a wiring diagram and 3 hours later problem sorted, that's on a 1.5 ton machine, 6 ton might take a day. Not going to air it on a public forum but a lot easier to hot wire than you think. I could get a 36 up and running in under 10 minutes now, just need to get live wires to the right places.
  #19   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 20-12-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J C Builders View Post
Had problems with my old kx36-3, Kubota wanted £1000, got hold of a wiring diagram and 3 hours later problem sorted, that's on a 1.5 ton machine, 6 ton might take a day. Not going to air it on a public forum but a lot easier to hot wire than you think. I could get a 36 up and running in under 10 minutes now, just need to get live wires to the right places.
Q E D
...... a compression ignition engine needs two things to make it run ....
fuel and initial impetus ..
there're no 'ignition systems' you can kill, so as long as you can make fuel available and swing the bugger ...
as long as it's a runner, it will run

Hydraulics are mechanical, all be it in liquid form .... give the system pressure and directional control and it'll work

The sneaky bits are stopping these 'items' from happening
  #20   IP: 2.219.132.130
Old 20-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Intimate Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by J C Builders View Post
Would you be able to message me some pointers?
or we can have a chat on the phone?
Thanks