The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   IP: 81.174.180.129
Old 17-01-2018, 01:04 PM
grahams grahams is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,871
Default Re: Mini crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
The first one is made by ken mills engineering would it be worth speaking to them and see if you can demo something or even find a site using one and transport say an 8 wheeler to them to get an idea
Not sure who else make something similar that isnt huge
Various places hire timeberwalf high speed shredders i dont know if they can be fitted with screens like there bigger brothers to allow a more consistent product

The one may be a haybuster or rotogrind or mobile hammermill various agricultural contractors hirer these out they are meant to cope with pallets so i wouldnt think clays would damage them more than nails
Ken Mills Engineering looks interesting. Once I've separated the wadding from the clays I'll try them.
Graham
Reply With Quote
  #12   IP: 95.150.192.215
Old 17-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Eddiebackblade Eddiebackblade is offline
Knight of the East
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: Mini crusher

Everyone has different experiences with Dealers, some have had success with Liebherr, I simply canít get on with them no matter what I do.
If I had bought ten it may be a different story!


Eddie.
Reply With Quote
  #13   IP: 82.132.235.144
Old 17-01-2018, 03:54 PM
big jordy big jordy is offline
Provost and Judge
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: northern ireland
Posts: 238
Default Re: Mini crusher

Not sure if they go down to the size youd be looking to crush to but maybe worth a thought think they are heading to lamma with a demo
http://herbstmachinery.com/herbst-agri-crusher/

Jordan
Reply With Quote
  #14   IP: 209.93.206.133
Old 17-01-2018, 05:02 PM
grahams grahams is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,871
Default Re: Mini crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Everyone has different experiences with Dealers, some have had success with Liebherr, I simply canít get on with them no matter what I do.
If I had bought ten it may be a different story!


Eddie.
Yes, I get what you are saying. Weird though. I didnít think I was being at all unreasonable wanting to prove the product did what it said before buying.
When I bought my first rotary bucket sieve, back when they were first available, Andy Hair from Northern Track put him self out to make sure it was just right and subsequently I bought a further four much bigger more expensive ones from him and have recommended him to numerous people.
Graham
Reply With Quote
  #15   IP: 92.26.218.253
Old 18-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Mintsauce's Avatar
Mintsauce Mintsauce is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the Grub Hut
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: Mini crusher

I did wonder if a mobile cone crusher would give the sort of product you are looking for but probably way OTT and too expensive.
__________________
One Wife, Livid.
Reply With Quote
  #16   IP: 86.134.213.153
Old 18-01-2018, 07:00 PM
volbar1 volbar1 is offline
Secret Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 87
Default Re: Mini crusher

I think a jaw crusher would clog up if going down to 10mm?
Reply With Quote
  #17   IP: 81.174.180.129
Old 21-01-2018, 05:06 PM
grahams grahams is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,871
Default Re: Mini crusher

Robex seems to have come up with a simple solution. His idea is to use one of my trommel bucket sieves and chuck a few bits of concrete in to smash up the clays.
If I changed the mesh from 5mm to 10, or even 15mm, if the client will go for it and put a couple of large ball bearings in with it (you can get 2kg ones off the shelf) that should separate out the wadding and crush the clays in one operation. Changing the mesh is a bit of a pain as the fine stuff is welded in, but it should work.
Have to talk to the client and see if they are willing to try a test day.
Hopefully if we can come up with the right solution at the right price there may be some ongoing work with it. That would be handy as Carillion work looks like it will take some time to come back on stream.
Graham
Reply With Quote
  #18   IP: 31.49.119.137
Old 21-01-2018, 07:46 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,959
Default Re: Mini crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Robex seems to have come up with a simple solution. His idea is to use one of my trommel bucket sieves and chuck a few bits of concrete in to smash up the clays.
If I changed the mesh from 5mm to 10, or even 15mm, if the client will go for it and put a couple of large ball bearings in with it (you can get 2kg ones off the shelf) that should separate out the wadding and crush the clays in one operation. Changing the mesh is a bit of a pain as the fine stuff is welded in, but it should work.
Have to talk to the client and see if they are willing to try a test day.
Hopefully if we can come up with the right solution at the right price there may be some ongoing work with it. That would be handy as Carillion work looks like it will take some time to come back on stream.
Graham
I had thought of something rotary with some balls in it .... didn't click on the screener buckets though Gra

here's a source for cheap balls

http://www.fhbrundle.co.uk/groups/05..._Solid_Spheres

__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19   IP: 209.93.206.133
Old 21-01-2018, 07:58 PM
grahams grahams is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,871
Default Re: Mini crusher

That is dirt cheap compared to hardened ball bearings, although they donít go that large or heavy. 100mm ball bearings are available and weigh about 4kg, but are £80. Trouble is I have no idea what I need. One heavy one seems a good option as I will have to retrieve it after every bucket full, but I donít know.
£1.60 for .88kg is attractive though, but Iím sure 4kg will crush clays, not sure about .88kg.
Graham
Reply With Quote
  #20   IP: 31.49.119.137
Old 21-01-2018, 08:10 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,959
Default Re: Mini crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
That is dirt cheap compared to hardened ball bearings, although they donít go that large or heavy. 100mm ball bearings are available and weigh about 4kg, but are £80. Trouble is I have no idea what I need. One heavy one seems a good option as I will have to retrieve it after every bucket full, but I donít know.
£1.60 for .88kg is attractive though, but Iím sure 4kg will crush clays, not sure about .88kg.
Graham
look at page 2 Gra

http://www.fhbrundle.co.uk/products/...Diameter_100mm

4.08 kg
Price: £6.80 (Excluding VAT @ 20%)

Prices climb dramatically above 100mm .... so reckon half a dozen of them'd be the kiddies
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.