The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11   IP: 178.100.236.62
Old 13-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: So - an opinion - tiltys and prices !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
No, not saying that. You’re not crediting people with enough intelligence, and you’re assuming everyone has a money tree in the garden. By all means explain all the options and benefits, but it’s their choice at the end of the day. It’s been made clear enough that some people are quite happy with a basic setup, and they shouldn’t be denigrated for it.
I don't know where you get this whole money tree thing from the full time work from nothing is set in stone and it's taken well over 15 years to get where I'm and I'm not even close to what I want to achieve. But what I can say is that it's been done (like to think it has), by making the right investments at the time despite me thinking otherwise and listening to people, who have been there before and seen the mistakes made.

A perfect example is when I was looking into getting a tilty, I was told that a PUP would be the right way to go, don't need to change anything use all the stuff I had, no dramas, sounded good to me, however, Pat from steelwrist, and Eddie, educated me, explained the reasons and showed me the big picture. that it would simply be a case of you'll end up having to swap the unit when the penny drops and you'll be out of pocket, and looking back, it was the best advice given to me, because I'd of been a bit annoyed that after investing money in a unit, I'd have to be swapping everything, when I could of done it right in the first place.

Last edited by komatsu; 13-02-2018 at 11:05 AM.