The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#211   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 12-02-2018, 12:51 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: So - an opinion - tiltys and prices !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Can you upgrade the control system in lets say a year or so time on the 6k setup to DC2 or SVAB? I dont see why not as they both run off one line but I'm no expert in hydraulics.
My thoughts being that you wouldn't of "wasted" any money if you decide you do want more control?
one for Robert to answer I'd say .....
would guess that, as there's no rotary coupling, perhaps not, without a lot of bits getting bolted in ....
if it's possible, but as there is an option for aux., on this size, possibly

would also depend on what sort/type of valves, etc., are in there.
TBH I am just best guessing, as I have never had me mitts on one, but'd be surprised if it was beyond do-able

They'd better lock up their spanners in March .... there's a few bits and bobs I'd like to explore
  #212   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 12-02-2018, 12:54 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
So the answer is No, you cant (easily/cheaply/economically) switch from buttons to rollers at a later date.
er IMHDO ..... no .... lorra bits required to go full blown DC2 roller control ....A LORRA BITS
but ...... to go 4 pipe .... should be a POP
  #213   IP: 82.10.225.154
Old 12-02-2018, 01:00 AM
Intendant of the Building

So with the button and peddle set up you press button for desired function and control flow rate with the peddle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #214   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 12-02-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MchaleBuildingServices View Post
So with the button and peddle set up you press button for desired function and control flow rate with the peddle?
exactly Boyo

with mine I can select tilt, rotate and aux/grab/clam/whatever simultaneously and then vary the speed with the pedal

down side is they all get the same flow rate
so if you want fast rotate, but slow tilt, can vary the rate of tilt by releasing the tilt button - on/off/on/off, etc.

main thing to remember with pedal is ...... button then pedal to start it and pedal then button to stop, or you dead end the pedal service and they come in/stop with a bang. as long as you have a motion selected, you can add more at any point and ideally need to have one motion functioning when you let go the pedal .... it copes if you forget ... I could improve even further by putting an RV in circuit so it didn't dead end

it's a very controllable system and you get the drop on it real quick, 'specially if you're used to using the pedal service for anything else
mine is rotate sevice.
  #215   IP: 213.205.253.159
Old 12-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
then a pedal and buttons does the job just fine ..... 'specially if you've only bought a m/c with one prop. service spare .... and real easy to swap from machine to machine ..... a real DIY jobbie .... and it's good enough for those RR boys

Ooops .... I might be getting a bit flippant now, too
Yes, but with a lot lower re-sale value than the 4-pipe, it's about save guarding your investment for the future, not a snatch and grab to get units through the door.
  #216   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MchaleBuildingServices View Post
To be fair it is a very tidy machine for its age and repined

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takeuchi-TB...s/122915177210

Description doesn't really give away much info
Nice and shiny, but looks like every panel has a dent in it, makes you wonder what kind of life its had.
  #217   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 12-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
now you're definitely being flippant .... naughty step .... ten minutes and no cocoa for you tonight
Sure I heard blood-chilling screams coming off the Staffs moorland last night
  #218   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 12-02-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Sure I heard blood-chilling screams coming off the Staffs moorland last night
  #219   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 12-02-2018, 08:47 AM

Just remind me someone- what firm Pat Bullock represents?
  #220   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 12-02-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Can you upgrade the control system in lets say a year or so time on the 6k setup to DC2 or SVAB? I dont see why not as they both run off one line but I'm no expert in hydraulics.
My thoughts being that you wouldn't of "wasted" any money if you decide you do want more control?

Did you have to bring Mr Covell into this... I've had to unsubscribe from several good facebook groups because of JCB spam

Seriously though, I watch his videos and cant help but notice there's still a lot of labour standing about while he's spinning the bucket around. In my mind that's one of the biggest potential savings. We will see how it works out for him long term as that's pretty much my perfect setup what he's done with the 67c
Have you a link to this 67c story? My ideal sized machine.