The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#291   IP: 81.132.107.166
Old 13-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Secret Master

Default Re: So - an opinion - tiltys and prices !

Shaun’s life sounds ace - he wins!!
  #292   IP: 81.141.206.167
Old 13-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Shaun’s life sounds ace - he wins!!
Shauns a cracking bloke.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #293   IP: 213.205.242.101
Old 13-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Knight of the East

Only sad fact to come from it, was he’s not been given the opportunity to try the next level up, and be shown in as close to real world conditions the benefits it brings.
This is the exact point I make from the start, with proper education a percentage, not all, will take the higher spec, or come back and take it at a time more appropriate financially.

Rototilt are happy to take this gamble that they can educate and not take a reputation hit that they are seen to be going backwards.

Eddie.
  #294   IP: 178.100.236.62
Old 13-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
and the customer is always right, even if they’re wrong!
So you'd quite happily take a customers money and see them make a bad decision, without as had been said, giving them a bit of education, which it seems rototilt are doing and can only be applauded for.
  #295   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 13-02-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
So you'd quite happily take a customers money and see them make a bad decision, without as had been said, giving them a bit of education, which it seems rototilt are doing and can only be applauded for.
No, not saying that. You’re not crediting people with enough intelligence, and you’re assuming everyone has a money tree in the garden. By all means explain all the options and benefits, but it’s their choice at the end of the day. It’s been made clear enough that some people are quite happy with a basic setup, and they shouldn’t be denigrated for it.

If everyone’s circumstances were the same, then we’d all be driving around in the same make and model of car, etc.
  #296   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 13-02-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Only sad fact to come from it, was he’s not been given the opportunity to try the next level up, and be shown in as close to real world conditions the benefits it brings.
This is the exact point I make from the start, with proper education a percentage, not all, will take the higher spec, or come back and take it at a time more appropriate financially.

Rototilt are happy to take this gamble that they can educate and not take a reputation hit that they are seen to be going backwards.

Eddie.
But Engcon are trying to do exactly that, by organising a demo day: customers will get the chance to make the judgment themselves on which system suits their needs and budgets.
  #297   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 13-02-2018, 09:43 AM

I can certainly relate to Shaun’s situation. All kind of considerations influence the choices people make.
  #298   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 13-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
No, not saying that. You’re not crediting people with enough intelligence, and you’re assuming everyone has a money tree in the garden. By all means explain all the options and benefits, but it’s their choice at the end of the day. It’s been made clear enough that some people are quite happy with a basic setup, and they shouldn’t be denigrated for it.

If everyone’s circumstances were the same, then we’d all be driving around in the same make and model of car, etc.
I do wonder sometimes...

If I was a full time owner op, I think I'd go the full route and just hope I didn't go bust! As it would make such a difference to my day and happiness. I cringe when I see idiots chasing trees around with the bucket, and I'm sure that's how you guys feel about basic packages.

As it is I hate driving the digger for more than a few hours, and when it's out on hire with an operator I can't get any more for the powertilt. That said my attachements like the powertilt, post knockers, grapple and ripper make me a lot of profit on quoted work.

And I don't need a rotator

Certain people on here need to realise that anyone with even a powertilt is light years ahead of the 'three buckets and a quickhitch' crowd and applaud them for it, rather than denigrate them for not spending £20k plus to be able to make a nice job of profiling a ditch. Eddies argument could be totally negated by having the customer sign a disclaimer acknowledging the limits of future upgrades to a basic system.

I stand by my analysis that resale of a basic unit will be the same percentage if not more of a full setup. Engcon could offer a buy back of a certain % when buying a better Engconn unit later- it would make sense for them. Anything that drives the introduction forward has to be a good thing. Most likely all the concerns over a race to the bottom will be left by the wayside in a few years when it's all driveless machines anyway
  #299   IP: 213.205.242.101
Old 13-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
But Engcon are trying to do exactly that, by organising a demo day: customers will get the chance to make the judgment themselves on which system suits their needs and budgets.
The guy has stated he’s purchased and never operated the other setup. I have said before, that’s fine until he actually gets his hands on another setup or wants to use something like a grab.

This again is one of my main points, Engcon not properly educating guys before they have purchased to ensure they are Fully aware of what they’ve passed over.

You never get it that I’m for guys getting the very best for their money even if they have to save a bit more?
Penny did drop with ‘S’ type, and perhaps I may yet be proved totally wrong with this.
The fact Rototilt and I suspect Steelwrist are stuck at exactly the same point I’m making gives me a little confidence.

You’re plainly a straight pounds shilling pence, the bottom line is the bottom line guy. I thoroughly recommended you go like many others to such open days and get yourself a better grasp of some of the concepts discussed here.
I’m a lot further down the Tilty road with most and only try to convey back mistakes I’ve made or things that I’d do different.
Plainly all guys selling Tilty’s face some serious headache on a daily basis.

Eddie.
  #300   IP: 213.205.242.101
Old 13-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
I do wonder sometimes...

If I was a full time owner op, I think I'd go the full route and just hope I didn't go bust! As it would make such a difference to my day and happiness. I cringe when I see idiots chasing trees around with the bucket, and I'm sure that's how you guys feel about basic packages.

As it is I hate driving the digger for more than a few hours, and when it's out on hire with an operator I can't get any more for the powertilt. That said my attachements like the powertilt, post knockers, grapple and ripper make me a lot of profit on quoted work.

And I don't need a rotator

Certain people on here need to realise that anyone with even a powertilt is light years ahead of the 'three buckets and a quickhitch' crowd and applaud them for it, rather than denigrate them for not spending £20k plus to be able to make a nice job of profiling a ditch. Eddies argument could be totally negated by having the customer sign a disclaimer acknowledging the limits of future upgrades to a basic system.

I stand by my analysis that resale of a basic unit will be the same percentage if not more of a full setup. Engcon could offer a buy back of a certain % when buying a better Engconn unit later- it would make sense for them. Anything that drives the introduction forward has to be a good thing. Most likely all the concerns over a race to the bottom will be left by the wayside in a few years when it's all driveless machines anyway

Eddie actually suggested that all guys buying this setup are given the opportunity in the alternative and then sign a form to state they had been made fully aware.

Someone just someone may see I’m not trying to force everyone to have a 4 pipe system. I maintain that better educated most would choose it.

Absolutely agree on the buyback too, it was suggested an awful long time ago now!

Eddie.